Chakra Meditation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chakra Meditation

I am only just beginning to work on a regular practice of meditation and find that I can only maintain focus for around 20 minutes or so at the moment. Whenever I meditate with Chakra stones however I seem to complely zone out for between 35-45 minutes. I don't believe I am falling asleep but I have no recollection of the time that has passed and it never feels like longer than a couple of minutes to me. Is this normal? Does this happen to anyone else and is it something I should be trying to avoid? If so how would I go about doing that as I don't appear to have any control over it?

Thanks in advance for any advise anyone can offer.
    http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Re: Chakra Meditation

It sounds like you're disassociating, which is normal for the first part of meditation in my experience. Honestly, you're supposed to meditate for about 15 minutes at a time due to this type of thing happening.

Sine the subject is presumably chakra meditation, I say focus on the chakra in your mind's eye, visualize yourself breathing in the color of said chakra, then breathe it out. That helps me.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

Working...
    X