Working the Physical Elements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working the Physical Elements

I have a pet project that I've been playing with for years, and I'd love to get some input. It's the manipulation of physical elements (Kinetomancy, Pyrokinesis, Aerokinesis, ect.). I've found that this can be accomplished in many ways. Some of those can be through spell and meditation while others work best through direct applied will. The second is how I've always practiced it.

I've had very limited and erratic success on the matter. Part of that is because I haven't set to a disciplined practice routine. The results that I have had are things as making a candle or campfire dance or rise and calling up or lessening air and wind when outside and a little inside. It's been a interesting set of experiments, but without much real success. Sometimes it works when I'm focused, and other times only when I think I'm just playing around.

I guess the reason why I've always been interested in this was because when I first started my journey, I learned energy manipulation and meditation from a psionics website. I've always found this field fascinating, and even though it has no practical use, I think the discipline learned while practicing it outweighs the little it can do as of now.

What do you guys think on the subject? Have any of you worked and tried it yourself?

Re: Working the Physical Elements

I haven't deliberately attempted these things. It doesn't seem to have much of a practical application and I won't develop any skill that won't directly benefit me. I have, however, experienced things you've described during rituals. Things I've experienced include bonfires growing larger when deities are invoked, wind stopping for the duration of an outdoor ritual, only to stir up again once it was over and suchlike. From speaking to others, these things seem pretty common during rituals, so I daresay deliberate contol could be possible.

I have a friend who appears to have a talent for weather magic. I was once stuck in a rainstorm in the summer, while dressed for hot weather. I sent her a text asking her to try to stop the rain long enough for me to reach the shops and get a coat. The rain did indeed stop as soon as she replied. Healthy skepticism would point out that these summer downpours are typically very short though. I try to keep an open-mind and consider all explanations.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

its more practical than you think when you use the physical aspects with the energy manipulation itself. People wonder why walking into the freezer at work doesn't bother me, i dont even grab a coat. I suck up energy wherever i can, cause i like it. lol. ive been told my energy is very chaotic. told im imbalanced. and i tell them i like it better that way. use the energy to focus changes in yourself physically...

just be careful with energy work... when you give someone a piece of your soul, its not exactly all that easy to get back... I dont usually even go this far into detail on anything, just wanted to say keep working on yourself, but be careful, and mindful of your own energies.
      "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

A few years ago I got board sitting on my porch. I ended up meditating until I was very zoned out. I noticed that across the street the soda machine light was on. This caught my attention only because I had thought the store owner had removed it a month ago. When I lost my concentration, the light in the machine turned off. I blinked a few times and decided to ignore it. I went back to meditating and the light turned on yet again. I stopped and the light went off. This happened for a while until I could no longer focus and went inside. A few days later I went and asked the store owner about the machine. Told him I thought it had been removed from the store since I didn't see the light outside at night. He then told me that was due to him not replacing the burnt out light that was in it which me coming in reminded him he needed to fix.

It was the weirdest thing. Never really tried to recreate it. Other than that, I've done the whole moving a candle flame or trying to create ripples in a bowl of water. All this stuff were things my mom tried to see if I could do as a child. It was all a fail until the soda machine though. lol

Comment

haven't deliberately attempted these things. It doesn't seem to have much of a practical application and I won't develop any skill that won't directly benefit me. I have, however, experienced things you've described during rituals. Things I've experienced include bonfires growing larger when deities are invoked, wind stopping for the duration of an outdoor ritual, only to stir up again once it was over and suchlike. From speaking to others, these things seem pretty common during rituals, so I daresay deliberate contol could be possible.

I have a friend who appears to have a talent for weather magic. I was once stuck in a rainstorm in the summer, while dressed for hot weather. I sent her a text asking her to try to stop the rain long enough for me to reach the shops and get a coat. The rain did indeed stop as soon as she replied. Healthy skepticism would point out that these summer downpours are typically very short though. I try to keep an open-mind and consider all explanations.
          I've definitely had moments like these during rituals or other acts. I didn't even think about that, but energy manipulated has a huge effect on the outside world from time to time, and it's really fascinating. I remember encountering an entity a few years back. My friend used a quick burst of energy to get rid of it. Then no more than five minutes later, the entire campus erupted into a frenzy of wind when it was calm before that.

I've seen some weather magick in action. For my birthday about two or three years ago, another friend of mine said she poked at the sky a little, and when I got to the porch, I found a heat lightning storm. It was a great show. Sadly, rain started after that, and didn't let up for quite a few days. She said it was her last attempt at that, but it was pretty cool.

its more practical than you think when you use the physical aspects with the energy manipulation itself. People wonder why walking into the freezer at work doesn't bother me, i dont even grab a coat. I suck up energy wherever i can, cause i like it. lol. ive been told my energy is very chaotic. told im imbalanced. and i tell them i like it better that way. use the energy to focus changes in yourself physically...

just be careful with energy work... when you give someone a piece of your soul, its not exactly all that easy to get back... I dont usually even go this far into detail on anything, just wanted to say keep working on yourself, but be careful, and mindful of your own energies.
          I never thought about it as gathering energy, but I bet that could be handy. I've been able to manipulate my body heat up or down about 1 degree with a good deal of focus. I'm guessing that it's a skill that could be practiced more to better myself, but I just didn't think about it. And what do you mean by giving part of your soul to someone? I mean, I understand what you mean by that, but I'm confused as to how it comes into play with the elemental manipulation angle.

A few years ago I got board sitting on my porch. I ended up meditating until I was very zoned out. I noticed that across the street the soda machine light was on. This caught my attention only because I had thought the store owner had removed it a month ago. When I lost my concentration, the light in the machine turned off. I blinked a few times and decided to ignore it. I went back to meditating and the light turned on yet again. I stopped and the light went off. This happened for a while until I could no longer focus and went inside. A few days later I went and asked the store owner about the machine. Told him I thought it had been removed from the store since I didn't see the light outside at night. He then told me that was due to him not replacing the burnt out light that was in it which me coming in reminded him he needed to fix.

It was the weirdest thing. Never really tried to recreate it. Other than that, I've done the whole moving a candle flame or trying to create ripples in a bowl of water. All this stuff were things my mom tried to see if I could do as a child. It was all a fail until the soda machine though. lol
          I've also noticed some minor issues with electronics on days where I'm practicing anything. Mind you, it could simply be because they're messing up that day, but it always begs the question. I was sleepy one day at a friend's house, and kept going into a semi-sleep/semi-meditative state. I didn't realize it until my friend started staring at me, but when I'd get there, the space heater would shut down and the lights would flicker for a moment. This was a night after some energetic work I had done in his neighborhood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arneci View Post
            I never thought about it as gathering energy, but I bet that could be handy. I've been able to manipulate my body heat up or down about 1 degree with a good deal of focus. I'm guessing that it's a skill that could be practiced more to better myself, but I just didn't think about it. And what do you mean by giving part of your soul to someone? I mean, I understand what you mean by that, but I'm confused as to how it comes into play with the elemental manipulation angle.
            energy is energy, and if you go beyond the elements around you, and start using your own energy you can accidentally attach parts of yourself to what you may be working with, which can be.... mentally unhealthy...
            "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

Originally posted by Dufonce View Post
              energy is energy, and if you go beyond the elements around you, and start using your own energy you can accidentally attach parts of yourself to what you may be working with, which can be.... mentally unhealthy...
              That makes a lot of sense. I'll definitely keep that in mind. Thank you for the advice.

Comment

Dufonce taught me to do this a while ago and I've had a good amount of success with all of them. Fire and Air are defiantly the easiest because it doesn't take as much concentration and will to move them, while Earth and Water have substantial mass and so are harder to move. When you start to understand elemental energy (now I've had a lot of people disagree with me on this) it's a consuming force. Elemental energy is well, Elemental.
                Circe

Comment

My friend had a bit of a psychic experience when waking up from a nightmare. His remote flew across his room. This got me thinking about this post and project. (Isn't funny how whenever you start thinking about a certain topic, other elements of that topic find their way into you life?) Anyway, I started thinking about the essence of energy at the root. We think about it academically and that's how we can train ourselves to feel it. To some it's chi. Others use mana. Others may even think of it simply as the forces of the scientific world. But no matter what, we all tend to think of it academically.

In that same way of thinking I think that we limit ourselves to using it in the patterns that we believe will be present. When I got into magick and energy of all sorts, I learned what it's function was, and because my mind opened to it, I was able to use it. I can use it for the purpose of a spell, a psychic shield, a construct, a psychic weapon and armor, enchanted object, ect, ect. You get the picture.

Well, I have a theory. I think energy is emotions. When you meditate, you can tap into that deep place. I think that's the center of emotions. But even viewing it in such a way is an academic, a psychological view of it. I think that in order to be able to manipulate elements and forces on the physical plane, we have to get to a place that can't be studied and classified. We put so many labels on things, and that limits us drastically.

I haven't figured out how to get there yet, but I know that the first step is coming to terms with your emotions. Because, yes anger and sadness can get us to that energetic place, but we sacrifice the control. And what we all need to learn any skill is that control element. I think the second step is finding a way to leave our studies of energy behind. That means all notions right or wrong. I don't know how to do this part yet, but it would only need to be done long enough for you to reach that pool of potential. Then again whenever there was a block. I really think that if we can find a way of getting to that place, we could train ourselves to do nearly anything.

Comment

Working...
                  X