This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pagan Tools

Are tools/ritual paraphernalia important in your tradition? Do you believe them to be necessary? Is there anyone here who practices without tools? How do you do so?

Re: Pagan Tools

In my tradition, work itself is sacred, so the tools you use to do your work are sacred tools. I have about twenty sacred hammers, for instance.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Not exactly. I have candles that I light when I pray, and a rug that I sit on, but I don't need them. I can pray without them; they just help me to focus. Like Corbin, I also view making of things to be sacred (though not to the extent that he does). When I make strings of prayer beads or sew pouches for my tarot card decks, it as much as a ritual as prayer to me. No matter how much it makes me swear in the process.
      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Interesting replies. Personally, I do use tools, more from personal choice than a belief that they are necessary. I personally use many of the tools found in some traditions of Wicca and Traditional Witchcraft, such as an altar, wand, ritual blade, chalice, deity statues, incense, candles, crystals and so forth.

Comment

I have the main wiccan tools on my altar but I value them much less than I did when I was younger. My working style evolved and changed over time and now I feel that the only tool I need is myself. Having said that, there is a lot to be said for the affect on ones psyche, of using a 'special' tool that they feel has some kind of power or significance. Those who feel such a connection to their tools, do seem to work much better with tools than without. At least that's the impression I get from anecdotal evidence.
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

as far as traditional tools go, I carry a staff. it's like a battery, a horse, a companion. aside from that, i use a few crystals.

Comment

I'm a kitchen witch, so my tools are just my kitchen tools - knives, spoons, pots, pans, etc. I don't have traditional tools.

Comment

Working...
              X