X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: That Went Worse then Expected

Originally posted by Fyre Faery Queen View Post

I guess she assumes we are all going to hell or something
    Not trying to cast aspersions on anyone's deeply held religious convictions, but that's one of the reasons I found following Christianity to be so stressful. I'm sorry your mom got so upset. Maybe if she sees how your spiritual path brings you peace and helps you to be a better person it will be more positive for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxxie View Post
      Not trying to cast aspersions on anyone's deeply held religious convictions, but that's one of the reasons I found following Christianity to be so stressful. I'm sorry your mom got so upset. Maybe if she sees how your spiritual path brings you peace and helps you to be a better person it will be more positive for her.
      Lol my parents probably have the attitude well he'll learn in hell about his mistakes and not try to save me.

Comment

I just wanted to pop in here with an update. It's funny how things can, and sometimes do, change so fast. I got a chance to talk with my mom today and I won't go into specifics, but it was very healing and positive. She apologized for her reaction, and explained it to me. Come to find out she's been struggling with coming to terms with her own faith as of late. I still have to be careful with my dad, because he's hardline Christian, but at least I have an ally in my mom.
        Glad to hear this result! It's always good to hear a good ending (ok not really an ending, but a good start) to a story once in awhile.

Comment

It is good to hear that the situation with your mother has come to what can only be called a good ending. I hope that after this little speed-bump things continue to get better from now on. :3

Since my family are all devout Catholics, and at least some of them believe in Limbo, I will have - when I come out as Shinto to them - the ability to simply say that there is nothing in Shinto doctrine which will prevent me from dying in their god's good graces. I hope that will be a good enough argument to redirect most of the hate. That being said, they will undoubtedly still find this as a distressing realisation about myself.

Comment

Hi Jaxxie,

Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad to hear everything is going a bit better for you. That's great.

I know what you mean, but I think my Mum is too closed minded to look for beautiful things like peace and happiness. She is a very success an money orientated person, who follows law and government in a very black and white way, and the same with Christianity. She believes in that fire and brimstone kind of stuff. I've really given up years ago, and I live on the other side of the world, which kind of helps.

But it's lovely to read all of these supportive posts from other people here. That's fabulous.
            Love, Starlight and Magical Wishes from Felicity Fairy
            www.felicityfairyparties.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X