X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A crossroad in my practices

Thank you in advance,
    Blessed be.

(Hope I posted this in the proper section, if not, please point it out)

Re: A crossroad in my practices

If I were feeling what you seem to be describing, I'd be figuring I needed a vacation.

When you feel lost, it's most likely because you are lost. Once you've recognized that you are lost, the next thing to do is to find yourself. This should be easy because you are yourself, and you can't be anything else, so all you have to is be yourself, and you've found yourself.

Unfortunately, a lot of people run off looking for themselves, and any time you "go looking" your attention is directed away from yourself - the very thing you are attempting to find - and so the searcher becomes increasingly lost in his/her own seeking.

So take a vacation. Kick back and just be, without putting any effort into what you are being.

A beach and a drink with a little umbrella in it helps, too.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I've dealt with this myself. I believe in some faiths it's called "the dark night of the soul". I found having to break everything down to its source worked for me to finally get through it. However that takes an emotional toll and having to come to terms with some possibly unpleasant things. It's also taking the long way of what B. de Corbin said: that realization that we are simply who we are and other people are who they are.
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

Hello Vagrant

Having just ended a very difficult magical love affair, which was off-on for many years, I do sympathize. This is my advice -

If possible, end the travelling straight away and return home. I'd advise space clearing, creating sacred space, and seeking healing. Are you familiar with Feng Shui space clearing? Karen Kingston's book "Creating Sacred Space With Feng Shui" helped me a lot. However, it wasn't until I consulted a homeopath (for a health condition) that things really began to shift for me. I'm only offering this as a suggestion though - your path is up to you. I just think, it could be partly your outer environment - as outside, so inside, as it were. I trust this is of some help to you. Blessed Be.

Comment

Maybe you have reached the end of this particular path, and the discomfort you feel is the rubbing between what you were and what you need to become. Like a snake shedding its skin.
          "All four winds blow steady, singing 'hie, the open road is home!'"
          http://hagstones.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
          X