Mitt Romney...converting the dead!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mitt Romney...converting the dead!

Apparently Mitt Romney's father-in-law converted to Mormonism.....14 months after his death. Why is this in the decline of humanity section you may ask? WTF kind of people convert you when you are dead? I want to be all sensitive and stuff. But this frightens the hell out of me. The same way baptizing you at 2 in the Catholic church bugs me. Maybe I'm old fashioned. But I like RELIGION to be about God. Not about this shit. Seriously.

and for some fun comments at the bottom (a complete aside to the topic)

Mrs. Beeton
    My biggest takeaway is that Romeny's father-in-law was likely an overbearing jerkoff, since the entire family was so quick to jump not just to religion, but Mormonism. Was there no Unitarian experimentation, or quasi-Eastern "spirituality" phase?
    elihopkins @Mrs. Beeton
    That's seriously your takeaway? Not that "Mitt" is a lunatic?
    SAUCE
    Satan is my spirit animal

Re: Mitt Romney...converting the dead!

What do expect? They're Mormons for crying out loud, I mean, really. It's probably more convienant this way, atleast now Romney can run unhindered without the fear of his grandfather being an Atheist heathen fouling anything up.

Comment

Sounds much like your average Republican candidate to me :P
      "Wealth is as swift | as a winking eye
      Of friends the falsest it is."

Havamal, 74

"The wolf that lies idle | shall win little meat,
      Or the sleeping man success."

Havamal, 58

Comment

Did you see Bill Mahr's unbaptism? I laughed so hard I nearly pee'd myself (that could have been the hacking fit from de ick that I had after laughing, it really wasn't quite that funny).
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

I watch Bill Mahr,wont miss an episode if I can help it.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
            Did you see Bill Mahr's unbaptism? I laughed so hard I nearly pee'd myself (that could have been the hacking fit from de ick that I had after laughing, it really wasn't quite that funny).
            Here's a link to that, for those interested .http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-davies-287107

I was laughing my ass off, then promptly felt mildly offended and guilty...old training dies hard, it seems.

Here's the deal: as a member of the LDS church, you are allowed to put forward names of people who have not "had work done for them", or removed their names from the church in life(more on that later). You are supposed to only put forward names of people related to you by blood or marriage, but the checking system for that is pretty much nil. Check church records and you will find that people have done temple work for everyone from the Founding Fathers to Hitler.

I can't change it...but in the coming years I plan on being very clear to my relatives that if there actually is an afterlife, and they try to baptize me back into the fold, I. Will. Haunt. Them.

This is exactly why I say I'm just breaking out the popcorn as things move along with Romney...every weird thing I was raised with, and Mormons try to justify or spin somehow, will become the attention of the media. At that point, so much for the LDS church trying to claim that it's the same as any other conservative Christian denomination. It's going to be highly entertaining.
            Last edited by Dez; 10 Feb 2012, 08:09.
            Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

This brings a strange thing to mind for me,would perhaps a morman think to kill a person in order to be able to Baptise them in the afterlife to(in their mind) save their eternal soul????

I know,my mind wanders some strange paths.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Actually anunitu, something modern members of the LDS faith are no longer taught might interest you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_atonement

Comment

And here I was thinking my mind just went into a never to be place...........Who would have thunk it???

This is a quote from your link.

"Arguing for a purer theocracy, he stated that it is the right of the church "to kill a sinner to save him, when he commits those crimes that can only be atoned for by shedding his blood.... We would not kill a man, of course, unless we killed him to save him." (Grant 1854, p. 2)

That makes my brain hurt...........!!
                  Last edited by anunitu; 10 Feb 2012, 09:44.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Hmm, I'm just picturing a scene like this:

Angel enters Halls of the Dead, "I'm looking for Edward Davies."

Disgruntled spirit appears, "What the hell do you want? I'm missing the game."

"Peter's records list you as late for a hearing. You're listed as a baptized Christian. I'm not sure how you ended up in Hel's realm without passing by Peter for review but you are entitled a hearing and potential entrance to the Father's kingdom."

"What in blazes are you talking about? I never spent a moment as Christian and I'm quite happy here. Get your paperwork straight and let me go back to the game."

Angel pauses, checks a scroll. "Damnit, the Mormons are at it again. Heaven apologizes for the inconvenience."

Several documents appear, "Please fill these out at your leisure and bring them by Peter's gate for our clerk to notarize. The first will set your status in our records back to Atheist, the second is a disclaimer that you are willingly claiming Atheist status and thereby relinquishing your right to a hearing and the third is a joint angel/shade petition to get Michael to smite the Church of Latter Day Saints until they stop conducting post death baptisms. The first two documents must be signed in our clerk's presence to be considered valid. Have a nice day."
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post

"Arguing for a purer theocracy, he stated that it is the right of the church "to kill a sinner to save him, when he commits those crimes that can only be atoned for by shedding his blood.... We would not kill a man, of course, unless we killed him to save him." (Grant 1854, p. 2)

That makes my brain hurt...........!!
                      Yep. All mentions of Blood Atonement have been removed from official church lesson manuals, etc, in the past 20 years, and so if you were to ask the average church member about it, they'd look at you as though you were crazy.

My parents and grandparents, though, attended the temple back in the days when you still swore to be killed a certain way(a reference to the Blood Atonement) if you were ever to reveal the contents of the temple ceremony. I'm very grateful that was removed in the 90's, before I went through...I already had enough mental turmoil and fear while leaving about the covenants I did swear to.

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post

Angel pauses, checks a scroll. "Damnit, the Mormons are at it again. Heaven apologizes for the inconvenience."
                      *Snort*

I was going to post this in the LOL thread today, but I think it fits here better ATM:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV5w262XvCU[/youtube]

*sigh...trying to get it to embed.
                      Last edited by Dez; 10 Feb 2012, 12:29.

Comment

If you look at the top of the editor,there is a symbol to set it for video.

Seems to work.

Text is ""[video=;"" ""MV5w262XvCU]"" and then the link followed by ""[/video]""

The double quotes are to keep it from doing the video twice. right after the video; should be the text youtube without a period.
                        Last edited by anunitu; 10 Feb 2012, 14:18.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Great. Now I'm going to have to put in my burial instructions, "do not convert me to anything after I die! I will haunt your bathroom if you do!"
                          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

And they think Pagans are strange.......!!

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                              Hmm, I'm just picturing a scene like this:

Angel enters Halls of the Dead, "I'm looking for Edward Davies."

Disgruntled spirit appears, "What the hell do you want? I'm missing the game."

"Peter's records list you as late for a hearing. You're listed as a baptized Christian. I'm not sure how you ended up in Hel's realm without passing by Peter for review but you are entitled a hearing and potential entrance to the Father's kingdom."

"What in blazes are you talking about? I never spent a moment as Christian and I'm quite happy here. Get your paperwork straight and let me go back to the game."

Several documents appear, "Please fill these out at your leisure and bring them by Peter's gate for our clerk to notarize. The first will set your status in our records back to Atheist, the second is a disclaimer that you are willingly claiming Atheist status and thereby relinquishing your right to a hearing and the third is a joint angel/shade petition to get Michael to smite the Church of Latter Day Saints until they stop conducting post death baptisms. The first two documents must be signed in our clerk's presence to be considered valid. Have a nice day."
                              Omg. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

When the last debate happened i hated Romney with a passion and specifically told friends and relatives that i was moving to Sweden if he got elected. I cant believe anyone could be dumb enough to vote for him twice.
                              Please disregard typos in above post. I browse the web on a Nook and i suck at typing on touch screens.

Comment

Working...
                              X