I am sooooo bored I'll do anything...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sooooo bored I'll do anything...

I'm at work, so, naturally, I'm bored out of my socks.

Here's what I've been doing to entertain myself:

http://www.urban75.org/useless/bored.html

I recommend "Use your secret mind power" as being most entertaining for the longest time period.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: I am sooooo bored I'll do anything...

Corbin!

Aren't you supposed to be feeding the minds of the young to the dragon of future disillusionment by creating unrealistic expectations!?!?!

...love the site, will be linking it everywhere today I think (like I did the gross one yesterday)

With small children, pretending one is a robot is amusing (at least for them) for at least 30 min.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

The Dragon of Future Disillusionment woke up with the trots this morning (young minds are an overly fatty diet, lacking in fiber, commonly producing colonic twitching), so I've been letting the young minds cuddle The Cute Kitten of Overblown Self Esteem. The Dragon will have it's appetite back by Friday, I imagine, when I grade drawings. (Seriously, they're doing ink drawings they started two days ago, and there isn't much to do until somebody spills their ink).

I may try acting like a robot, just to see if anybody notices. As a teacher, I already spend a lot of time repeating words over and over and over until they become meaningless.

And nobody notices...

Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Lol!

I loved art class...but felt bad for Mr. L. Watching people paint had to be boring. I took summer school for Art 1-2 since I couldn't fit it into my schedule, just to get the pre-recs in order to take Painting my junior year (which meant having to take US history as summer school to fit painting in my schedule). Probably the most fun class I took, other than my bio classes. I love to paint. I not very good, but I'm enthusiastic.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
          With small children, pretending one is a robot is amusing (at least for them) for at least 30 min.
          I was going to say the same thing...except without the "small children" part. I bet I could blow 30 minutes at work right now pretending to be a robot. Ready. Set. Go...
          The Pagan Porch - a Pagan Homesteading forum

Sand Holler Farm Blog - aren't you just dying to know what I do all day?

Comment

things to do in global studies great!
            Circe

Comment

Thanks for this thread! I love my job, but I must admit that when it's a quiet night and everyone is sleeping, it can get a bit boring. It's worse when, like tonight, one forgets to bring a book or her DS. All I have is a CD with some guided yoga routines on and there is only so much bending and twisting a girl can take in one night!
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

In my school we have this really boring teacher, so we count how many times his eyebrows move... 7 times in 100 minutes is his best record. This list will come in useful when his eyebrows completely cease to function.
                "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

I had a physics instructor in the military that had a habit of ending his sentences with ,"Yes!? Yes!?" So we(as a class) had a running tally of how many times he said "yes". In the 3 month course it ended up being close to 10k times. Its been to long since this happened so I don't remember the exact tally.
                  If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows. ---Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

Working...
                  X