Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almosr Ostara

Some Ostara stuff for kids:

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read...y_Happy_Ostara (I think this one has some potential)

http://wiccanmoonsong.blogspot.com/2...lebrating.html (another Ostara Bunny tale)

http://paganwiccan.about.com/od/osta...KidsOstara.htm (kids chant)
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: Almosr Ostara

A couple of years ago at an Ostara get together the person that led the ritual had a couple of games and activities she put together for after our potluck. This one is kid friendly.

She took and hard boiled a bunch of eggs. Took a clear wax crayon and put runes on each of the eggs. So when we colored the egg we picked out, it showed the rune. She had a sheet that had the meaning of each rune on it so we could read what our egg meant.
    I thought it was a cute idea.

Comment

If you like your sabbats a bit wild, why not try 'egg roulette'. Hard boil a bunch of eggs but one! Players take it in turns to smash an egg on their head until someone gets a dose of natural hair conditioner! You can use the other eggs in a salad so it's not too much of a waste.

I got this idea from Celebrity Juice btw.
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by optanotu View Post

She took and hard boiled a bunch of eggs. Took a clear wax crayon and put runes on each of the eggs. So when we colored the egg we picked out, it showed the rune. She had a sheet that had the meaning of each rune on it so we could read what our egg meant.
        I thought it was a cute idea.
        That is really cute! My daughter's b-day is actually the 20th of March, so we always do an egg hunt--that would be really fun to do.

...and lol Jembru, I'm not sure about that one, but visualizing it is at least amusing!
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Ostara Recipes

What will everyone be making for Ostara?

Comment

Re: Ostara Recipes

I don't think we've ever made a special meal for Ostara, but I think this year I might do a really nice green salad and ask the hubby to make a quiche. Then you've got your new growth and your eggs. Followed with easter candy for dessert, of course.

Comment

HEy! what about hte meatloaf i cooked int the bunny pan and piped mashed potatoes all over? that thing was EPIC

Comment

I think I'm going to make a leek, asparagus, and Gruyere quiche.

Comment

You are correct. The bunny meatloaf could only have been made more epic if it was made of real bunnies. LOL

Comment

lots of chocolate eggs! I don't realy have an idea...

Comment

I always remember my Mom making a ham,maybe it was a Christian thing,but that was before she got stung by the religious bug.
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm with Kabigo on this one.. who needs to cook on this festival? Save all your daily calories for the eggs man!

Actually, I have a tradition where I eat a boiled egg with bread soldiers every sabbat. Even when I was a vegan, I ate free range eggs 10 times a year (I ate them on Christmas and my birthday too). This was something I did as a child.. my dad always made me a boiled egg on special days, so it's a bit of a sentimental tradition for me. It's actually pretty fitting for this particular sabbat though.

I do have one of those large rabbit jelly (jello, 'jam', that would never work) moulds. I use it when it snows to make hundreds of little snow rabbits all over the front garden. Last year, they kept being stolen, much to my amusement. Anyway, I might actually make jelly in it this year: vegetarian of course. Maybe I'll add a dash of vodka.. yeah, because everyone knows that.. erm.. vodka is... it was.. has... nothing to do with spring. Fun though ^^
                        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Jello shooters in the shape of a rabbit..ok,thats a good enough excuse..its a religious thing,its NOT for getting drunk...Yup,good excuse
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Drunken rabbits. I think that calls for strawberry banana flavor.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                              my dad always made me a boiled egg on special days,
                              How sweet! I don't have much money so the "egg-line" is maybe the best for me.
                              btw. (came to mind because of rabbits) How can a rabbit plush toy cost 25 euros!
                              My mother loves rabbits so I though I could buy a rabbit plushie to her for a birthday present.
                              Not with my moneys! :/

Comment

Working...
                              X