This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asatruar, please sound off

If only for my benefit, would all the Asatruar/Odinists please post on this thread so I know who you are? lol I'm fairly lazy and I'd like to know you all.... hail the paganforum.com kindred, and Hail Odin!!!

I was a general eclectic pagan when I met a guy who would later become one of the best friends I have. He was an Odinist, and our discussions helped me find what I couldn't in the various other religious schools of thought. Generic paganism had come close, but never felt right. I joined the Blood Hammer Kindred and rather quickly became the Skald... hell, it's been 12 years now. Fook, i'm getting old....

Circumstances have pulled me away from that kindred, but they will be my family forever.

Anyone else, please share your stories, if you are willing...

Re: Asatruar, please sound off...

You may be better served by asking this in the Heathen Traditions subforum than hobbies. Skimming around Heathen Traditions will also net you a number of Heathens though I don't know off hand which are Odinists.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Re: Asatruar, please sound off

I moved the post...I don't know how many of the specific groups you're looking for we have, animus, but your thread will get more attention here.

On that note, welcome back!

In reference to your post, I revere Norse/Germanic gods, but find that the Aesir have no interest in me, unlike my spouse. So I would likely not fit your search specifically for Asatruar and Odinists, but am interested in seeing where this goes.
      Last edited by Dez; 20 Feb 2012, 07:33.
      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Heathen here. Interested specifically in the continent.

Originally posted by Dez View Post

In reference to your post, I revere Norse/Germanic gods, but find that the Aesir have no interest in me, unlike my spouse. So I would likely not fit your search specifically for Asatruar and Odinists, but am interested in seeing where this goes.
        I've seen you mention this in a couple of posts. Do you mind if I reply? (here or in a separate thread?)

Comment

Originally posted by Wednesday View Post

I've seen you mention this in a couple of posts. Do you mind if I reply? (here or in a separate thread?)
          By all means...I think a separate thread would be great, personally

Comment

I am a Heathen......
            Gunnarr Sandisson
            "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be." Albert Einstein
            Five Boroughs Hearth

Comment

Well, I am dedicated to the Old Man - nice to meet you all.

Comment

I've not sounded off, since I don't want to make claims that aren't exactly true, and I definitely don't want to insult anyone, here. I'm not an Asatruar, nor do I choose the name Heathen, but I AM quite stubbornly holding onto a great amount of Heathen ideology. And something like 'Heathenesque' sounds too much like bullshit that could get me impaled.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Hey there, I'm a Heathen and have been so for a few months now. I originally was a Celtic Pantheist, but the more I researched the more I found a special interest in Asatru.

I call myself an eclectic because I don't like dogmas. Being caged by a name isn't me, and to represent that spirit I call myself an eclectic.
                  "Wealth is as swift | as a winking eye
                  Of friends the falsest it is."

Havamal, 74

"The wolf that lies idle | shall win little meat,
                  Or the sleeping man success."

Havamal, 58

Comment

Not necessarily heathen or Asatru, but I have been claimed by Odin and Loki. I've been studying the various Northern paths, but haven't decided to label myself with anything yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                      I've not sounded off, since I don't want to make claims that aren't exactly true, and I definitely don't want to insult anyone, here. I'm not an Asatruar, nor do I choose the name Heathen, but I AM quite stubbornly holding onto a great amount of Heathen ideology. And something like 'Heathenesque' sounds too much like bullshit that could get me impaled.
                      That just made me laugh so hard Chain. If I, also, did not fear for my possible demise, I would steal it.

Comment

Heathen, Tyrsman here.
                        "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others."
                        -Thomas Jefferson

Let a man never stir on his road a step
                        without his weapons of war;
                        for unsure is the knowing when the need shall arise
                        of a spear on the way without.
                        -

Comment

Working...
                        X