Astronomy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Astronomy

I've been interested in Astronomy and the night sky for as long as I can remember. Is anyone else on here a stargazer? I find it incredibly peaceful, relaxing and also very interesting and exciting. I started out with just a pair of binoculars but I've now got a couple of telescopes.

Re: Astronomy

I have only been able to see the stars a few times,the city with all the lights drown out their beauty. The few times I have seen the stars in a place with no distracting lights were awe inspiring.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Yeah light pollution really does spoil the night sky somewhat. Going out into the countryside to a really dark sky is definitely worth it. It's incredible how many stars you can see when you're somewhere remote. Plus in those places it's also quiet, peaceful and feels closer to nature.

Comment

I love watching the stars, have a telescope and was hoping the see the ISS last week, but couldnt sadly

Comment

Originally posted by Moonravenstar View Post
          I love watching the stars, have a telescope and was hoping the see the ISS last week, but couldnt sadly
          I just read an article in Sky and Telescope (March 2012 issue) about photographing the ISS. I had no idea that you could get such awesome pictures of it with a fairly simple set up...one that we could rig up! It takes just 1 second to transit the moon but those pictures, in my opinion, are the coolest. I really want to do it!

While not technically astronomy, I just finished reading Physics of Stellar Evolution and Cosmology (Goldberg and Scadron) for work. Absolutely fascinating and has me super interested in nebulae now. A coworker does cool astronomical photographs. They usually consist of several photos overlaid, each one having a 10 minute or so exposure. He recently did the Eagle Nebula - my picture of his picture is crappy, but I don't have a scanner!

The Pagan Porch - a Pagan Homesteading forum

Sand Holler Farm Blog - aren't you just dying to know what I do all day?

Comment

I have been on Sky and Telescopes website, do you know about Spaceweather? They have a really cool site as well. There are some videos on Youtube of the ISS, that way I would know what to look for.
            That is a really awesome photo!! Thanks for sharing
            Last edited by Moonravenstar; 21 Feb 2012, 12:20.

Comment

Awesome photo!! Spaceweather has a great website and so does Hubblesite Thanks for sharing

Comment

Nice image. There are some lovely amateur photographs taken by people. A lot of them can be found on popular astronomy forums. It's incredible what someone can achieve with the right equipment from their own back garden. Space really is very beautiful.

Comment

101_9040.jpg
                  This was taken with my digital camera and meade telescope
                  Last months full moon

Comment

Nice picture of the moon. I don't really have suitable equipment to take deep sky photos but I've taken a few shots of the moon myself through my telescope. One's currently my avatar.

Comment

Working...
                    X