List of unusual deaths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of unusual deaths

Normally, morbid isn't my thing, but I came across this list of unusual deaths and got deeply engrossed.

Did you know Tycho Brahe died (possibly) from politely not peeing?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unusual_deaths
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: List of unusual deaths

Hah, cool list! I'd heard of the London beer flood, and the Boston Molasses Disaster before...I'm surprised there aren't more saints on there, though. A LOT of them died in inventive ways. Perhaps they only included verifiable ones?
    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

As a kid, going to visit grandma, one of my favorite entertainments was to look at the pictures in The Big Book of Saints. It was a Catholic book with line drawings as illustrations, and the pictures generally depicted the Saint's saintly death.

I think it was supposed to be inspirational, but it put me off the idea of sainthood for good.

The beer flood and molasses disaster were new to me. It's amazing to me that things like that happen. All we get these days are oil spills.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Thanks Corbin I just spent the better part of an hour on this. I'll have to read the rest latter.
        Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

I knew about a few--like Brahe and Isadora Duncan--but I'd never heard of the London Beer Flood.
          my etsy store
          My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
          surrounded by plush, downy things,
          ill prepared, but willing,
          to descend."

Comment

Working...
          X