Ostara

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ostara

I'm going to make or buy somekind of beautiful things and lots of eggs and make my home colorful oh how I love colors... (and chocolate)

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
      I like the lion's share. How do you eat yours?

Now I just hope you're old enough to know what I'm talking about. ^^
      I tend to eat them pretty normally (and messily!). Sometimes I bite the top off and eat the middle first. Other times I just shove it in my mouth. xD Perhaps a separate thread should be started for creme egg appreciation? :P

Comment

Originally posted by Avior View Post
        I tend to eat them pretty normally (and messily!). Sometimes I bite the top off and eat the middle first. Other times I just shove it in my mouth. xD Perhaps a separate thread should be started for creme egg appreciation? :P
        I feel like the only person in the world that doesn't like Cadbury Creme eggs. I've tried them several times but I just can't get into them. The inside is way, way too rich for me. (I'll stand nearby so you can begin your lynching.)
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

That's okay, habbalah. That just means you can give yours to me. I'll trade you whichever other candy from my basket that you want. Fair deal.

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
            I feel like the only person in the world that doesn't like Cadbury Creme eggs. I've tried them several times but I just can't get into them. The inside is way, way too rich for me. (I'll stand nearby so you can begin your lynching.)
            I best come stand with you then. I don't like them either, and for exactly the same reason.
            http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

They are a bit rich,it gives me a sugar rush every time.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Every fall I buy bulbs that flower in the spring. I save them until February, then set them in a shallow container of small pebbles and water. Wait a few weeks and voila- early spring. I have narcissus blooming on my dining room table right now, a good two months before our last expected hard freeze.

Comment

I think I'll be making naturally dyed easter eggs.

And possibly devilled eggs. EGGS FOR EVERYONE, EGGS FOR ALL!

(and Lent will be over, so I will be eating a little piece of dark chocolate with a bottle of wine. You heard me.)

Mostly art.

Comment

I do lurve me some devilled eggs. They are about the only kind of eggs I will eat. What is your recipe? I've found it varies quite a bit from region to region and I'm always curious about that kind of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Omidottir View Post
                      I do lurve me some devilled eggs. They are about the only kind of eggs I will eat. What is your recipe? I've found it varies quite a bit from region to region and I'm always curious about that kind of thing.
                      I've actually never made them before! So if you have a recipe that's bombing (and has no dirty bacon in it...) - I'd love to hear it. I'm still looking. On a bit of a weird tangent, while looking for recipes, I found this - vegan devilled eggs ...and I'm slightly curious, but I can't eat tofu unless it's been marinated. I dislike the flavour of it plain.

I'll probably go with a curried version of devilled eggs. Oh, with lots of pickles. Mmm, pickles.

Mostly art.

Comment

You don't really need a recipe for deviled eggs. I'm from the south and most down here use mayo, mustard, sweet pickle relish and paprika for our eggs. But all you really need to do is put the yolks in a bowl and add what you like until it tastes the way you want it to taste.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelle23 View Post
                          You don't really need a recipe for deviled eggs. I'm from the south and most down here use mayo, mustard, sweet pickle relish and paprika for our eggs. But all you really need to do is put the yolks in a bowl and add what you like until it tastes the way you want it to taste.
                          Fair enough. I've never made them, and I've only eaten them once or twice I think. They're delicious, but a bit of a mystery to me, lol. Your recipe sounds a lot like the sauce for my potato-egg salad!

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                            So if you have a recipe that's bombing (and has no dirty bacon in it...) - I'd love to hear it.
                            Bacon?

Eeeeew....who the heck does that?!?!

Miracle whip and relish, with a dash of paprika on the top.

There's not really a precise recipe for it...you just take the yolks and whip in the miracle whip (you can use mayo, I don't like it as well for this) until its creamy but still stiff, sort of like whipped cream and add in some relish (but drain it a bit, or it gets too runny). You can add other stuff too...my grandma puts some spicy mustard in hers, I've had it with horseradish, chopped celery, etc (but never bacon...). But if you start with the basic recipe and go from there, you can't go wrong.
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

I celebrate the vernal equinox by making a marzanna doll out of grass, bamboo, and various other plant materials. She's supposed to represent death and winter, so you burn her or throw her in the river to get rid of misfortune or negative powers. She's sort of a scapegoat effigy.

I may do other things as well. Earlier this morning, I started a fire of oak wood and poured out some mead in offering after reading a prayer in Russian.
                              If you want to be thought intelligent, just agree with everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Yazichestvo View Post
                                I celebrate the vernal equinox by making a marzanna doll out of grass, bamboo, and various other plant materials. She's supposed to represent death and winter, so you burn her or throw her in the river to get rid of misfortune or negative powers. She's sort of a scapegoat effigy.
                                This is an awesome idea.

*must do research fast*

I live right by the Chesapeake Bay, so this is a perfect activity for us--and one the kids can participate in too.
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X