Ostara

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ostara

As nearly all of my ritual supplies are in storage at the moment, I had a very simple Equinox. I was blessed with a natural stang lying on my porch which I decorated with a few wildflowers (and yes, I admit it, flowering weeds) that I found by the river. I set it up on my porch with a candle and some incense and simply sat and meditated and offered my prayers. I still had some very dry ivy left over from the Solstice so I burned this in my late grandmother's iron skillet while ordering old misfortunes and energies to be cast away.
    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
    -Erik Erikson

Comment

I had a tummy ache all day and did nothing. I'll make up for it on Easter.

Mostly art.

Comment

I had a wonderful day and I hope everyone here did too! I decorated the livingroom with eggs, chicks and bunnies, and hid mini chocolate eggs in really obvious places for JP to hunt when he got here (even so, he needed several clues to find the one that was balanced between the ears of my chibi cat wall clock ^^).

Before JP arrived, I did a little rite at my altar, mainly thanking Brigantia and Bregans for all the positive changes they have inspired in my life, and asked them for their continued help in overcoming the self-esteem issues that have been holding me back and getting between me and my happiness! As usual when I do rituals, I was moved to tears. :s

When JP arrived, we swapped chocolate eggs and danced to The Muppet Movie soundtrack.. JP looked for the eggs and did our special victory dance when he found them all (victory dance means doing arms like a jumbo jet and running around in circles saying 'aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!..).

I then made cheesy omelets for us both (well, it's eggs so it seemed like an appropriate meal). JP then informed me he'd never actually had an omelet before! I'm not sure how that's possible at almost 21 years old, but he really enjoyed it so will be getting more where that came from!

We then ate WAY too much chocolate and constructed all the little toys we'd got from the Kinder Surprise Eggs (I recently discovered these are banned by customs in the USA.. what on Earth is so wrong with a Kinder Egg? Do people use them to smuggle drugs maybe?). I got the best toy; a little cartoon dragon, who's feet come off to reveal a hidden stamp that says 'OK'. Everything has been OK since I got him!

So all in all, a wonderful, although somewhat unhealthy, evening!!
        Last edited by Jembru; 21 Mar 2012, 13:45.
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

We went to the beach and dug up mussles, collected shells, picked up trash and decorated some eggs...and made birthday cupcakes for Chickadee, since its her bday.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

I had the best 21.3. ever

Comment

Originally posted by Kabigo View Post
              I had the best 21.3. ever
              I'm really pleased for you! It was probably my best ever too. Sharing the festivals with my boyfriend has really enriched them for me. My favourite sabbat of all is next though.. I literally can not wait for Beltane!!!

Litha, will mark a complete turn of the wheel for us as couple! So Beltane will be the last one that JP hasn't experienced.
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

So Beltane here we come!

Comment

Working...
                X