No announcement yet.

Flavonoids, Antioxidants Found In Citrus, Tied With Lower Stroke Risk: Study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flavonoids, Antioxidants Found In Citrus, Tied With Lower Stroke Risk: Study

Kinda good to know about this,we will see how the idea sticks.

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Flavonoids, Antioxidants Found In Citrus, Tied With Lower Stroke Risk: Study

The evidence for antioxidenta being good for us is overwhelming if you ask me. It's why fruit makes up a huge portion of my diet (I've been pretty unkind to my body in the past so I'm trying to treat it right). Although a friend of mine did annoy me recently. I wanted to do a 'before and after' thing on facebook, with photos of my fruit bowl to show how ridiculously quickly I go through fruit. An overweight friend who lives on Mc.Donnalds, cola and refined sugary foods, commented 'acid erosion at it's best'. She kinda made me feel like I'm the one with the unhealthy diet. I've never teased her for living on junk, so I was pretty hurt.

Incidentally, I hadn't seen a dentist for over 10 years, so finally went last November in case my teeth were falling to bits. There was nothing wrong with my teeth or gums at all and he said I have a very healthy mouth. I asked about the fruit thing and he said as long as I am taking water or other food with the fruit, and brush my teeth often, it shouldn't be a problem. This friend is 5 years younger than me and has a mouth full of fillings, I'm almost 30 and have never had a cavity.

Sorry, turned it into a rant. This girl just really hurt my feelings and your post has made me feel better. I'm sensitive about my diet for some reason. I just want to do what's right for my health.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Re: Flavonoids, Antioxidants Found In Citrus, Tied With Lower Stroke Risk: Study

I understand,I while not really a "Health Nut"..do try and follow what is to me a golden rule in my eating. "Everything in moderation" And I think like this,"If I eat ice cream everyday,it wont taste as good after a while."
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
        The evidence for antioxidenta being good for us is overwhelming if you ask me. It's why fruit makes up a huge portion of my diet (I've been pretty unkind to my body in the past so I'm trying to treat it right). Although a friend of mine did annoy me recently. I wanted to do a 'before and after' thing on facebook, with photos of my fruit bowl to show how ridiculously quickly I go through fruit. An overweight friend who lives on Mc.Donnalds, cola and refined sugary foods, commented 'acid erosion at it's best'. She kinda made me feel like I'm the one with the unhealthy diet. I've never teased her for living on junk, so I was pretty hurt.

Incidentally, I hadn't seen a dentist for over 10 years, so finally went last November in case my teeth were falling to bits. There was nothing wrong with my teeth or gums at all and he said I have a very healthy mouth. I asked about the fruit thing and he said as long as I am taking water or other food with the fruit, and brush my teeth often, it shouldn't be a problem. This friend is 5 years younger than me and has a mouth full of fillings, I'm almost 30 and have never had a cavity.

Sorry, turned it into a rant. This girl just really hurt my feelings and your post has made me feel better. I'm sensitive about my diet for some reason. I just want to do what's right for my health.
        I'm the same way with fruit....I go through it like crazy and I've only had one cavity ever (and that was only because a fissure sealing cracked, so it got in a place a toothbrush can never reach!). I was told the same thing by my dentist....fruit is fine (even with all the sugar) as long as you drink lots of water and brush your teeth regularly. It's certainly better than sugary drinks, candy and a lot of the other stuff people eat these days.

Comment

Working...
        X