Are you a VERY private person?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you a VERY private person?

I myself tend toward VERY private,I very seldom allow other people in my apartment. That might be because of my very extensive private collection of Toenail pron...Yummm,is that a cuticle??:B):

Now back to the question..what is your very private thing. I am not asking you to tell about things,just what you would never share, Like your sex life,or even how you like to sleep.
    Last edited by anunitu; 26 Feb 2012, 11:11.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Are you a VERY private person?

No. I have a small social circle and my lover is also my best friend, but I do like to communicate with others and have regular contact. I love to talk (I'm a real chatterbox), I love to write and well, I love anything to do with communication. My home is shared with a friend, so it's just as well I don't mind people visiting. When JP and I FINALLY get our flat, we hope to have our overseas friends come to stay all the time. We're really looking forward to it!

As for personal things. I guess there are, of course, things I keep to myself, but I probably share more of my issues, hopes, ambitions etc, than a lot of other people. I'm also very emotional and not afraid to cry in front of others, or get hyper and start leaping around. Characteristics shared by my partner too!
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Hmmmm not really. I have so much about me on the internet that I've given up all semblance of keeping all that stuff private, so I just keep facebook private. Everything else is pretty public, barring my phone number, bank details, social security and address.

I do tend to keep to myself though sometimes. After having a lot of hurtful people in my life, I'm wary of who I get close to. I have a lot of acquaintances but I'm very selective about who I get closer to. I like to have people over but I can't live with many people, etc. Basically I'm a very public person...I am chatty (I talk A LOT sometimes), I meet people often, I have a large social circle, I love hosting parties, etc, but if someone wants to get any closer than what I put out there, I have to learn to trust them.

Comment

Me? Private? In the same sentence? Not now, not ever.
        my etsy store
        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
        surrounded by plush, downy things,
        ill prepared, but willing,
        to descend."

Comment

Yep. I'm a private person.
          [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            Now back to the question..what is your very private thing. I am not asking you to tell about things,just what you would never share, Like your sex life,or even how you like to sleep.
            Most of what I won't ever share, I also won't really admit to actively concealing. Not letting people know what to look for tends to help keep my secrets... well... secret. There are a few things that I'm quite obvious about not providing.

1) You won't find any portion of my real name on this site, anywhere.

2) You won't find the state, let alone city that I live in posted anywhere on this site.

3) Not counting Admins, there are less than 10 people on site that have my e-mail address.

4) My picture is not on site anywhere.

5) I don't generally define or explain my beliefs but if you look closely enough in the right places or ask the right people, you might manage to put together a coherent if very limited picture of them.

Anything else that I keep hidden will have to stay completely hidden instead of merely classified.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Well at least I know you're from the USA. Won't mention the State? Giveaway! Lol, just playing. I know a lot of people who like to be private online and there is very good reason to be careful. I only just recently started sharing pictures of myself, but that it part of my cognative reconditioning. I hate seeing myself in photos, but noticed that those people who photograph well, enjoy posing and posting pics. I wondered if maybe it isn't that they're necessarily naturally stunning (although all my friends ARE prettier than me), but that they're not as shy and awkward in front of the camera. So far, it's made no difference, but I'll keep on going with it.
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Shrug, I've been known to use State to mean Nation-State at various points.

Seriously though, I admitted to being a US resident long ago. Otherwise, I'd have phrased that line differently.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Not to mention that the US is a lot larger than we island dwellers can comprehend. Being from the US gives no more information than someone saying, 'I'm from a European country'.

Comment

I am not particularly private.

Comment

In some ways, yes, in some, no. There are things I'm happy to speak openly about--some I will never tell anyone. I figure most people fall about here.
                      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

My privacy or lack thereof depends on who you are. My coworkers don't know exactly where I live. Facebook and most of the internet doesn't know exactly where I work (I used to not care so much, but then we got this whole social media workplace policy and I have been in the process of eradicating all mention of the place where I work and the greater corporation that owns it). My husband doesn't know the full extent of my mental issues. No one ever knows for certain if I'm telling the truth about anything - or telling stories.

But, when I eventually break out with the doomsday device, very few people will be surprised
                        Last edited by Ophidia; 26 Feb 2012, 22:25. Reason: Double posting oops
                        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                          Yep. I'm a private person.
                          I know your secretz!

I am pretty open about talking about anything to be honest.

I am private with my grief and my expression of emotion.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm a very private person. I don't share that much with people and I tend to keep my emotions quite hidden. I would like to be more open so I'm working on that. I am quite shy though.

Comment

Yes.

Blah, blah, blah (filling out the character count)
                              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X