This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try this on for size.

Okay. I am in the middle of laying myself bare and accepting Jesus into me and casting my cares upon Him. I FULLY understand what it means, I assure you. If I could give you a short version of my spiritual life real quick, it just wouldn't happen...it's too long. Anyway, I meditated today and went into a shamanic journey (which I don't believe is anti-christian, and I will discuss it with you if you wish) and I got very strange info. I went into it with the intent about my path in life, spiritually and area of study/ college oriented. I did all of my normal stuff, breathing, relaxing, etc...As soon as my brain reached the Theta wave state, Coyote showed up right as all of these oval, vertical portals showed up. It was immediately obvious that I was to choose one, but the first one I see is a portal to outer space and Coyote basically drags me into it. We flew around in space, can't remember much and then we go back to my room.

This whole experience left strong "impressions" despite the mundane description.

The impressions were strong and unmistakable, Coyote (THE Coyote) was guiding me. From what I know about myself, this means I am going to incorporate him into my spiritual path of Christianity. Also for reasons I haven't told you and don't want to go back and get into all of it, I will be adding some Scottish Witta as well. lol

Question is, do you think they can cohabit ate?

Re: Try this on for size.

Would you please rephrase the question? I'm afraid I don't follow.
    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I think he wants to know if one can blend the afformentioned beliefs, or if they are mutually exclusive. I know too little about the Abrahamic faiths to offer any advice on the subject though.
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

As a general rule, Christianity doesn't mix well with other entities that aren't angels or saints. But if they are both calling to you, there is probably a reason.
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by Paladin View Post
          Question is, do you think they can cohabit ate?
          I don't see why not. As long as you aren't a member of a Creed-based church.
          There once was a man who said though,
          It seems that I know that I know,
          What I'd like to see,
          Is the I that knows me,
          When I know that I know that I know.

Comment

Native Americans incorporated Christian beliefs into their religions (at times. The Peyote Road, for instance, and I believe that the Ghost Dance also had some Christianity amalgamated), I don't see why Christians can't do so also.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Holding to Christ while incorporating fragments of other roads works easily enough.

There are portions of Scripture and/or common theology (don't know for certain off hand which or if it's both) that you'll have to ignore or re-interpret but it can be done if you really want to.

Now, there are a sizable number of Christian sects that will consider this idea misguided at best and extreme heresy at worst so if you're looking to join one of the larger Christian sects matters might become interesting.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I think you can pretty much do whatever you want.

Comment

I really don't think that I could blend these two paths together,though if you can manage it,more power to you.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Look. It's like saying how can Batman fight with Wolverine when it's DC and Marvel. But it can be done. It just won't be cannon.

And before we get all YOU ARE OFF TOPIC.....we are talking about made up stuff anyways. Might as well throw it all in!

I keed....I keed.

Whatever works for you.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                      Now, there are a sizable number of Christian sects that will consider this idea misguided at best and extreme heresy at worst so if you're looking to join one of the larger Christian sects matters might become interesting.
                      ^^Yep. This.

Like I said, as long you aren't trying to join a Creed-based church, you should be fine.
                      There once was a man who said though,
                      It seems that I know that I know,
                      What I'd like to see,
                      Is the I that knows me,
                      When I know that I know that I know.

Comment

With some of them,you would be lucky you didn't end up in an Iron Maiden.
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                        X