Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tarot: Read for the person above you

The rules of this thread are simple:
    1. Use a tarot deck (not oracle deck, runes, etc.) to perform a reading for last person to perform a reading above you.
    2. You may use any spread you like, but please include the meanings of your card positions.
    3. Interpret the cards based on their position in your spread in relation to the above person's question.
    4. At the end of your reading, please ask a question for the next reader to answer.
    5. If you don't want your dirty laundry aired in public... ask an innocuous question.
    6. When you receive your reading, please leave feedback for the person who gave it to you. (Feedback posts do not count as those you must read for)
    7. Other readers may leave comments on your reading and ask you questions about it (these posts also do not count as those you must read for)
    8. Have fun!

The idea behind this is to learn from each other. We all have a different style and different way of learning and interpreting cards in a reading. Newbies are encouraged to read and participate! You can't learn if you don't practice!

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

As the OP, I get to ask the first question! Woot!

My question is: What information do I need about my job right now?

Thanks in advance for the reading (whoever you are!).
    Last edited by Omidottir; 29 Feb 2012, 09:08.

Re: Tarot: Read for the person above you

Originally posted by Omidottir View Post
    My question is: What information do I need about my job right now?
    Okay dokey. I've never done this before.

Layout- first three cards on bottom, fourth card above the middle card.

[page of coins] - overall meaning and direction

[(reversed) king of swords] - resent past/beginning of situation [two of staves] - what is occuring presently [seven of coins] - outcome in immediate future

How I read this: a person at work did things you don't agree with. You are trying to fix the situation yourself, but ultimately this will just end up delaying the resolution of the situation. You need to just let go of it to move on.

I'm not entirely sure that that answers your question, but that's what I got.

Almost forgot.

My question: Will going back to school be a positive thing for my life?

Comment

I did a one card reading for you. Upside means yes, reverse means no.

8 of Wands, Reversed

My interpretation: No, only because you haven't yet utilized it yet.

MY QUESTION: I keep having a feeling about a possible past life. I'm a bit skeptical about reincarnation anyway, but I figured this would be a decent enough question to ask. What is this past life I keep sensing, if it is a past life?
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Peri_Dot View Post
        I'm not entirely sure that that answers your question, but that's what I got.
        Thank you, Peri_Dot, that was actually quite helpful. Many folks at work do things I don't agree with, but the head honcho in particular is the main culprit. I do my best to keep things running smoothly while I am there, and I offer what I think are helpful suggestions. Perhaps the best thing to do is just let them hang themselves, keep my head down, and do my job. At least until I decide to move on completely. Thank you again.

(The next person should be reading for Caelia)

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
          MY QUESTION: I keep having a feeling about a possible past life. I'm a bit skeptical about reincarnation anyway, but I figured this would be a decent enough question to ask. What is this past life I keep sensing, if it is a past life?
          wow. difficult question. but not to worry, I'll give it a shot. just let me eat dinner first. (i posted cause i want dibs on a question not from Omidottir )

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

okay- so I used the Celtic cross spread- i dont like doing short readings that much
          significator. I chose queen of cups by intuition- I will say that this means the reading is about stability of heart and having control over your emotions.
          covers one (general atmosphere) Hanged man - you are going through a transition, becoming a different person.

crosses one(things in your way) judgement inverted - there are things holdig you back, and they are most likely poor choices.

below one (distant past) 7 pentacles inverted - you used to enjoy your work (since the reading is about emotions, I'll say that work is a past or passing relationship) even though it took alot of effort from you, it was fufilling.

behind one (the recent past) 10 wands - you felt like the burden was all on you, that you were like a pack mule.

above one (hopes and fears) the Magician INverted- you fear losing control, or you wish you could let go. I tend to go with the second choice. yeah, you want to let go but you are afraid.

before one (the future) - the star. this is a great card. you have been given signs and omens and aid from the spirit world. good things will come. listen to the messages you have recived.

***the future***
          Self- 5 cups inverted. the man in the five of cups is lamenting over spilled wine- the relationships nad hurts of his past. inverted, it shows me that you move on and are free of that cycle.

Environment (how others see you) - 5 pentacles inverted- closeness, warmth, family and comfort. a pretty good way to be seen to me

future hopes and fears- 3 cups inverted- I think the chances are high that you will be concerned that you are working too hard and never get a break. take time ot celebrate your good work.

culmination - Death. all things change and evolve. we go through many cycles. I think that in this reading this card in the final position shows me that you will be able to let go of what is holding you back and blossom into a great new life.

okay, so to me i pretty much fail at answering your question, but let me give you my opinion.you think you have been having past life memories. how do those memories or visions fit into what i have said? that might show you the answer you seek. hope it helps.

a question for me? what should i be doing about my health?
          Last edited by Taliesyn; 29 Feb 2012, 16:38. Reason: i forgot to add my question!

Comment

Thanks for the reading, Taliesyn. Believe it or not it's more clear than you think.
            my etsy store
            My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
            surrounded by plush, downy things,
            ill prepared, but willing,
            to descend."

Comment

Caelia, I'd love to hear about it, either here or private, if you'd like to share

Comment

Working...
              X