To hand it in or not hand it in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To hand it in or not hand it in

Situation: I study distance, and 100% of our grade is based on our exams. We have essays for feedback, but the grade does not count towards our course mark. I like to do them, because it does help to have the feedback.

Anyway, for my toughest course, I discovered that the essay was due today. I discovered this on Thursday. I hadn't really looked at my assignment sheet in a while and all the others are due between the 8th-18th, so I had assumed this is the same. I threw something together with little research or planning, even though I'm battling chronic fatigue this week and doing anything that isn't lying on the sofa is a challenge. I'm nearly done, but I'm aware that this essay is terrible, poorly written and sparsely researched. I don't know how much better it can get in the next 55 minutes (when it's due).

Anyway, I WILL hand it in, but the question is, do I throw in a couple more sentences and hand it in and go to bed (which I desperately want to), or do I work on it until the deadline?

Re: To hand it in or not hand it in

Hand it in and go to bed!!

If the grade doesn't count, then see it like this.. this will show you what you are like at your worst. The grade might surprise you too, in which case, you can be quite confident that the final grade of your course, that you'll be working much harder on, won't be anywhere near as low. It's like a 'lowest possible standard' and I think I'd feel better knowing where this line is.

The last thing you should be doing is wearing yourself any thinner. A few days ago, I slept all night, got up for about 4 hours, then slept all day. I don't know why I was suddenly so tired, but I figured my body needed the rest so just did as it asked. Life seems so much easier when I do as my body asks. When we fall out, it's usually ugly and in the end, body wins!
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Go to bed. If you're already exhausted, it's just not going to get any better. In fact, you might make it worse. LOL Rest.

Comment

You're right. 20 minutes isn't going to make it better anyway..I finished my half assed bibliography (as in, I googled some things that went with what I said) and I will just hand it in. I'm sooooo tired.

Comment

Working...
        X