"oops" in the kitchen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"oops" in the kitchen!

Woah! Yesterday I went home. I've been away hole weekend.
    I had forgot coffee maker on!
    I'm glad my appartment didn't burn...

You have experiences?

Re: "oops" in the kitchen!

Oh, wow. I once left a stock pot going for 24 hours by accident...good thing it was full. Most gelatious stock ever.
    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

My first cooking experience, when I was 12, I made a meatloaf. My mom said, "you can put anything in a meatloaf". I chose cinnamon. Turns out, mom was wrong.

Comment

I left a tray of tater tots in the oven, and wandered off into dreamland, only to wake up with smoke pouring through the house...
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

One reason I don't really cook,I do microwave. I am easily detracted,like the phone ringing. If I do cook,I have to remain right at the stove,and not do anything else. I burned an aluminum pan once,and they don't actually melt,they turn into powder. I was distracted only for a moment,and forgot to go back to the stove..Only found out when I smelled the pan making that smell. It was only a pan of water,and it boiled down to nothing.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            One reason I don't really cook,I do microwave. I am easily detracted,like the phone ringing. If I do cook,I have to remain right at the stove,and not do anything else. I burned an aluminum pan once,and they don't actually melt,they turn into powder. I was distracted only for a moment,and forgot to go back to the stove..Only found out when I smelled the pan making that smell. It was only a pan of water,and it boiled down to nothing.
            Hmm... That suggests an amusing home experiment involving Jiffy Pop Pop Corn and a balancing shot glass of gasoline. Good thing I didn't read this on Friday night, 'cause that might have seemed like a good idea.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

When I was a kid, mom finally let me make cinnamon buns (they were always her speciality). So I made them, but I was talking to someone while I made them, and I was distracted, and somehow forgot to put half the flour in.

Worst cinnamon buns in history.

I have to admit though, I don't usually make mistakes in the kitchen. I am extremely proficient at cooking, and I love to do it - which usually makes me pretty attentive. The only times I've really messed something up is when I'm cooking three or four dishes at once, and I forget to do something to one of them.

Mostly art.

Comment

My only major oopsie (apart from anytime I bake bread) was in Home Ec in middle school. I followed the instructions for microwave caramel to a "t", which included covering it with wax paper. This proved to be a horrible idea. As the wax paper burned the stench steeped through a brick wall into the art room and ultimately stinking up the hallway. The plus side is my teacher changed those instructions.
                my etsy store
                My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                surrounded by plush, downy things,
                ill prepared, but willing,
                to descend."

Comment

My mind is all over the place at the moment and I've become very careless with cooking. In particular, I keep walking away and leaving quinoa or couscous in the pan. Then I'll start tidying my room, or reading a book, and don't remember the quinoa/couscous until I can smell burning, by which time the kitchen is filled with smoke and the pan is ruined. I have done this 3 times in as many weeks, so now I take a book into the kitchen with me, and sit in there while I'm cooking anything! I'm just so scattered right now.
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

The strange thing is I actually can cook very well,just have never enjoyed cooking. My Mother was a waitress,and My father was a steak chef. We kids were cooking for ourselves at about 8-9 years old. I can,with the proper pan flip eggs or pancakes without a spatula. Part of that is a steel pan used in restaurants,that is properly seasoned, If kept seasoned right,you need very little butter or oil. And you never wash it with soap,that will break the seal. You take the pan,rub it with oil and salt,when well covered,you bake it in the oven until it forms a seal. This is also how you season an iron skillet,to keep it from rusting.
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                    X