This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Divination POV's

When I'm pessimistic I feel it all comes from within.

But usually, I feel and believe that every turn of the card and every fall of the dice and every thought and every meaningful event is tied to kamma (from Buddhism) / Tao (Taoism) / Synchronicity (Carl Jung). kamma/tao/synchronicity is not exactly causal nor is it non-causal. It is not fate in a predetermined sense yet transcends the restrictions of time and normal action-reaction. It is not strictly internal or external, but both.

So, I could not answer your poll, because you did not include my answer!

Comment

From within, for me.....however, some experiences I've had with Ouija, I do question if that is really the case......and if not, then my choice would have been "I don't friggin' know.".
      Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

I'm not really sure. Perhaps 50/50. Just wondering how much personal interpretation is involved in Divination. Is it gut feeling and can two people get very different readings from the same cards/runes

Comment

I also feel it's 50/50. For me it's part of the idea that when one is connected to the Divine/God/Etc. in addition to your subconscious. I don't know if that makes it clear as mud or what. Maybe I should go to bed lol.
          my etsy store
          My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
          surrounded by plush, downy things,
          ill prepared, but willing,
          to descend."

Comment

I think it doesn't do anything. But calling it BS is just impolite, so I didn't vote!
            [4:82]

Comment

I voted BS it is my opinion related to rune work, as i do not know where folk come by the knowledge to work them.
              Last edited by Gunnarr; 24 Feb 2011, 09:15.
              Gunnarr Sandisson
              "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be." Albert Einstein
              Five Boroughs Hearth

Comment

I've been reading for decades and I have no idea. I suspect there's some illusion and expectation bias involved.

Comment

I read cards for a living, but nothing in the poll fits.

Without, in the sense that I'm diciphering something on the table in front of me.

Within, in the sense that it's a mental process.

Why it works, I have no idea,

Comment

Mostly within, I guess cos I believe we have the answers (in regard to readings about ourselves, and that's all I really do). Beyond that, I don't really know or care, so long as it works.
                    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                    Seen the desert and the birds
                    You cut your hair short
                    Like a shush to an insult
                    The world had been yelling
                    Since the day you were born
                    Revolting with anger
                    While it smiled like it was cute
                    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I went with the half and half.
                      I do online tarot readings now and then, and something from the outside must have an influence over the deck because there is no way I could get something that precise about people I have never met and know very little of if it was merely random or all from the inside.
                      On the other hand, my main tool of interpretation is my logical/analytical powers and my ability to see patterns between the cards and not so much 'the cards speaking to me'. So something from with in too.
                      Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

I think half and half. I'm learning to use tarot right now, just a beginner but so far having good luck. I've read them wrong though sometimes only to realize what it meant later. I know though that the future is always changing. So far i'm working on a card a day and some simple small spreads to learn here and there. I also have a pendulum but i've noticed that is really tricky. I can easily make it move the way I want it to, without even wanting to do that. I find that easier looking at it directly though so I look far above it while asking the question and wait a bit then look at it but even then sometimes. I think it may be completely from within but I don't always want to hear want I want to hear because sometimes that isn't what I need to hear...does that make sense?

Comment

I voted Primarily From Within because while the information IS all around us (the universe) and many external things can influence a situation (people, entities, energy flows) the ability to perceive what is there (divination) comes from the Reader's own awareness and ability to apply meaning to what is seen.
                          "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

I put my vote for 50/50. In my experience, there's a lot of questions (for my personal path) that I do know already. It's just a matter of getting clarification from the gods through divination to clarify exactly what I think I'm doing. Or, as is usually the case, getting my ego out of the way so I can hear the truth and finally do something with it. :3

The divination method isn't always the same for me either. One day it may be me humming or singing a tuneless made up song, then turning on the TV/radio/meeting people who are doing the exact same thing, or are talking about a topic I've had on my mind a lot. Very rarely do I get the clearest answer through formal divination so far (runes, tarot).

Comment

My answer is similar to turningtides'. Some I know I hear from the entities I work with, some I know are just my own thoughts becoming clear, and some, I'm not sure whether they're coming from within or from the divine.
                              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I chose 50/50 since I believe that divinity talks to us through our subconscious and it can be very difficult, if not impossible, to completely divide the two. Where the answers come from though, always feels very external to me. I tend to use divination for anything; confirmation on whether or not I should do a ritual or spell, whether I'm making the right life choices, just asking if there is anything I should know or be considering, etc.

I don't really have any ritual or procedure that I follow; just a little meditation and trying to feel connected before I do it. Nothing all that special.

I like both the tarot and runes; I go through phases as to which I use more. I've tried crystal/fire/water gazing, and I struggle with it and don't use it that often. I haven't thought about it in a while, but that is a skill that I would like to develop.

Comment

Working...
                                X