Pagans and St. Patrick's Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pagans and St. Patrick's Day

Here is the link to an article I wrote for The Witches' Hour Magazine answering the question "Do Witches celebrate St. Patrick's Day?"

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Blessings Witches
    )O( Blessed Be )O(
    Raven Rin

My Blog
    Raven Rin's Pagan Nest
    The Adventures and Home of a Pagan Mother
    http://ravenrinspagannest.blogspot.com/

Re: Pagans and St. Patrick's Day

very nice! I like the crafts at the end, especially the snake wreath
    Circe

Comment

With a GREAT answer, too, no less!

Thank you for sharing it, Raven.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

personally im not a fan due to the actual meaning behind the holiday, but its become so corrupt by society and turned so capitalist like every other holiday that i can totally drink a green beer to the corruption of a holiday of oppression.
        "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

For me, St. Patrick's day is actually Damballah's birthday/holy day

The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

The only thing I do is plant potatoes, on St, Patricks Day, I dont celebrate it like most people

Comment

I'm a bit shallow in that, any excuse for a holiday is a good excuse, as far as I'm concerned. St Paddy's Day is great!

Mostly art.

Comment

Pass me the green beer. I love St. Patrick's Day. In the United States it is a celebration of heritage and an invitation for everyone to be Irish for the day. Poor old Patrick is not really the reason for the season here. Heck, he wasn't even Irish.
                Last edited by Miranda; 14 Mar 2012, 00:38.

Comment

Working...
                X