Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The interweb and you:How has it changed your way of life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The interweb and you:How has it changed your way of life?

A simple question,but perhaps no single answer,it is many things to many people.
    How has it effected your world,and also your world view?
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: The interweb and you:How has it changed your way of life?

I'd like to think it's broadened my worldview. At the same time I feel like the only way I can talk to anyone is to have internet. No one picks up their phone anymore
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

I can't pay my bills without it. I seriously have no idea what any of my account numbers are, or where to send payments. I don't even think I have any checks. I never see my money anymore - it gets direct deposited into my bank account, I use a debit card for everything... and I'm afraid to carry cash. Somehow my brain has associated never actually touching my money with it being more secure, even with all the talk of online fraud & identity theft. I hate anything on paper, too. Send me an online statement.

I am one of those people who hates picking up a phone. If you can't use e-mail, facebook or an instant messaging program, I don't want to talk to you.
      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

It makes a lot of things in my life faster.
        It creates more opportunities to organise my life but it also provides a lot of distractions.
        I'm not stuck with German TV (AWFUL)...I can watch my parents TV over the internet through Slingbox or streamed versions of American shows individually...not exactly legal but I think they need to sort this one out because even a ton of Germans do this...they like to watch shows when they come out not wait 1-2 years, and they like to watch stuff in the original language. German television networks have not picked up on this one yet, and whine that people download or watch streaming sites and don't understand what happened to their viewership or why people don't like TV here (seriously, they don't understand...so many interviews and articles fail to come up with any of the real reasons).
        The biggest one though is that I can live across the world and still keep in touch with my friends and family. Sure there's the phone, but I run my phone over the internet (I have a Canadian number and a phone hooked up to it), and skype allows me to have video calls (though I hate being glued in one place when I talk for that long...I'm a pacer), and I can keep in touch with what everyone is really up to with facebook and stuff.

Comment

Working...
        X