Heavy demand expected as iPad goes on sale Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heavy demand expected as iPad goes on sale Friday

I am just wondering,do we really "Need" a new I-pad every 6 months?

Crowds fighting to be the first to get the latest thing,almost seems like a feeding frenzy..

I don't own an I-pad BTW..
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Heavy demand expected as iPad goes on sale Friday

Yes. I feel an overwhelming compulsion to spent huge amounts of money on a bi-yearly basis to update technology that is younger than the underwear I am currently wearing.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

It's weird. I have the first generation one and it's totally fine. It doesn't have a camera, but I still don't see the need to have a camera for something like that (it's not like a phone camera where I can take pics on the go!) I know a few people who pre-ordered this one, and then cancelled it when they found out it wasn't that different from the iPad 2.

I really think it's only worth upgrading Apple products every few years, or when they break (which is usually your own fault if it's not super old). They make improvements all the time, but they don't tend to be drastically different. I only replaced my iPhone 3G because I dropped it and my mobile provider offered me a new one to renew my contract for 40 Euro. If I hadn't shattered the screen, I'd still be using the 3G and I doubt I'd really notice much of a difference. I ended up fixing it anyway and using it as a travel phone. I use a MacBook Pro from 2008 and I don't see much difference from a newer one. It doesn't run quite as fast, and the memory doesn't last quite as long when I'm running it, but I can still go through about 5 days of heavy use without restarting it and it's still fairly fast.

Comment

I have never in my life had an apple product that lasted more than 6 months (except the apple IIgs, way back in the 80s...I think that lasted a few years and my big blue behemoth Toshiba laptop still has that beat)... Plus I don't like the mac OS and aside from the iShuffle (of which I had gone thru 4 until other companies made them clippy), I think they're crap and I wouldn't buy the ipad if the money was given to me...particularly since I think apple's rep as being some sort of innovative and globally friendly company is a bit hampered by their China issues. TBH, I've messed around with my dad's ipad, and I'm not that impressed with it...I'd rather have a laptop--its just a more useful functionality for the same price. Now...I've had really good luck with Toshiba (Gertrude lasted 5 years) and my kindle fire does pretty much anything I could want to do on the go (I'm not really a fan of being *that* connected everywhere I go anyhow, and its about half the size of the ipad)...so I certainly can't see needing to get a new ipod every time I turn around.

<---yeah, I'm a h8r
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Fair enough.

I'd feel worse about Apple's China issues if most brands of computers/devices running Windows/Android weren't having the same issues (most of them are even made at the same factories). I'm kind of at odds with that, which is why I'm not buying any new devices for a while.

I hate Windows a lot. I was originally a Windows user, but I just don't like it anymore. I find Windows 7 so slow and laggy. You don't have to constantly defrag it all the time, but I find it still needs a re-install every once and a while (as opposed to never with Mac OS). Also, I've never had a computer or mobile last as long as my MacBook or my iPhone. With the computer something ALWAYS went...the fan, the hard drive (that was painful), etc. I didn't get cheapie brands either. I was buying top-priced Toshibas, Sonys, etc. Still, after 2 years, something would die every time. Phones just didn't work so well after a while, but I think part of that was mobile technology at the time. I do think Android phones and tablets are just as good.

Comment

Working...
          X