This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lillith

So Im new to this site, Im new to the path, and now... Im new to this spirit, goddess what have you.
    My boyfriend and I had a very interesting experience tonight with what we believe, with who we now know to be Lillith herself. We feel as though she has been watching over him mostly, but has shown herself in our light. While yes from what I have read she is very vengeful towards men. She appeals mostly to women, but we both had a very strong and welcoming feeling to her presence which broke the psycic wall and had shown herself physically and verbally.

We know native Americans viewed homosexuals highly, as the embodiment of both male and female spirit. So we feel maybe this how we are able to draw such a strong focus to her, or why she has shown such an interest in ourselves.

We are both very knew to these kind of things, and are unsure what the next step is... should be. We need guidance. We have some varying views in our walks, but we have many similiar ones. From what information we did find we were both able to identify during many of the supernatural phenomena that has occurred over the course of our life.

I have grown up hearing stories of Lillith in a horribly bad light, and as a very misunderstood deity.

Is their information we could pick up to help guide us as we enter this unknown terriority. It is... overwhelming to say the least. And its hard to talk about and not feel as though you are talking like someone who would instituted. But when one can see such things, how can you not believe.

Spoon Feeding section:
    What do you know about Lillith (Good or bad)
    What do you think about our experience?
    Any guidance you can give us? Words of encouragement.
    Where do we go from here having identified this spirit as a Goddess... a Dark Goddess a STRONG Goddess.

Blessed be =D (That is appropriate here right... Im sorry Im very new to this kind of thing. I feel like such a newb haha)

Re: Lillith

Something from the Encyclopedia Mythica.

Encyclopedia Mythica is the premier encyclopedia on mythology, folklore, and religion. Instant mythology since 1995.

"A female demon of the night who supposedly flies around searching for newborn children either to kidnap or strangle them. Also, she sleeps with men to seduce them into propagating demon sons. Legends told about Lilith are ancient. The rabbinical myths of Lilith being Adam's first wife seem to relate to the Sumero-Babylonian Goddess Belit-ili, or Belili. To the Canaanites, Lilith was Baalat, the "Divine Lady." On a tablet from Ur, ca. 2000 BCE, she was addressed as Lillake."

It would seem that She was viewed differently by different cultures.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Lillith is deferred to in the Bible not by name but by actions in the Bible.
      Gunnarr Sandisson
      "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be." Albert Einstein
      Five Boroughs Hearth

Comment

I believe very little of abrahamic folklore associated with her. they have demonized countless deities. Lilith is an earth mother deity. A fierce protector goddess. I've always been more comfortable around female deities. Her associations include disease, storms,serpents, as well as protection against such things. I'd say go for it, shes calling for you pretty blatantly.

Originally posted by Gunnarr View Post
        Lillith is deferred to in the Bible not by name but by actions in the Bible.
        In the bible she is referred to in the form of a screech owl. Research indicates this passage refers to her
        Isaiah 34:14: "The wild beasts of the desert shall also meet with the wild beasts of the island, and the satyr shall cry to his fellow; the screech owl also shall rest there, and find for herself a place of rest."

(haven't checked that bible bit but found it somewhere)
        Last edited by Corvus; 18 Mar 2012, 15:24.
        Circe

Comment

My BIL has a fondness for rather fierce goddesses as well

I would strongly suggest getting into some of the archeology and research coming out of the middle east right now. Most of what I've read pertains to Ishtar, and her role as Queen of Heaven and Consort to El, but I bet you would find a lot of use as well.
          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

My knowledge of Lilith isn't as complete as I would like it to be. I'm sure you know that she was Adam's first wife, who refused to submit to him because they were both created by God the same; why should she be less than him? Supposedly, there is one passage in the Bible that refers to her as the "screech owl of the desert", but I'm skeptical about it (mostly because of the source it came from).

In my own opinion, I don't view her as a negative entity. She represented the sort of strong goddess that threatened male domination and power, so of course she has been demonized over the years. In the tabletop game "In Nomine", she is the Princess of Freedom, and represents free will (even though it meant going against god) and hates servitude of all kinds. That's sort of how I view her.
            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I'm willing to buy the screech owl thing. I'm not an expert, by any means, but I took ancient Hebrew for several years as a teen from a professional translator for the LDS Church.

There are a number of points in the poetry sections(mostly Isaiah) where words are used that aren't used elsewhere. The King James scholars weren't experts(and often had their own agendas), and so with some, they just put in whatever made the most sense to them, based on context. That's why the same portion of the text talks about satyrs.

My personal favorite is to go through the Wisdom chapters (Isaiah 20, somewhere around there), with the understanding that The word translated as Wisdom can also function as a title of the Queen of Heaven. Very beautiful, when it was rather boring and senseless before.
              Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

THe more I read and research over Lillith the more drawn I am to her. But also the more fearful I am of her. She appeals to the more... darker side of my nature which is often times hidden away, and not used. But lately as I have grown towards this path over the past few years I have been come to turns with this side. The dark side is natural. It is dangerous, but more so if ignored.

The most amazing thing I have notice is my boyfriend and I were talking to some friends over skype, which had pissed us both off beyond belief (this is the same night that Lillith had shown herself to us both.) After relizing she was there, but before identifying her, there was a loud screech interrupting the person that had brought us so much grief that night. And as we have discussed she is often shown in the light of an owl.

Its kind of amazing how real this is all becoming. Lillith would more than describe my relationship with my boyfriend. It seems to always rain or storm when we are together. When we are upset it rains... Lillith is thought to be a spirit of storms and rain etc...

Im just in awe of this.

We both have this... odd feeling of cockiness about having Lillith chosen to watch over us, to show herself in many different manners. And to be contacting us on such a level of strength. I find it amusing that this deity of feministic right and equality is coming to us... two homosexual males. Just makes me sit back and see there is importance to my life. And that I am going to be going somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                X