Do you read for people online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you read for people online?

If you do readings for people online, especially strangers, how do you go about getting a feel for them and/or their energy? When I do the readings in person, I like to have them shuffle my deck, and having their face there helps. When I do it online, I usually go to their user profile of the person I am reading for on whatever site I am on, and I will concentrate on their picture, if they have one, and usually the readings are pretty spot-on.
    Today a lady asked me a question, and I went to her user profile, but she didn't have a picture of herself. Her picture was Tony Stewart's car. I did the spread and the cards that came up made NO sense relating to the question the lady asked me about her court date. (I wonder if I mistakenly read for Tony Stewart at that point!) So I re-shuffled, and went back to the page where she had typed her question to me, and concentrated on the question itself in writing. When I did the spread again, the cards made PERFECT sense in relation to her question.
    So for online readings, which do you feel is more important...seeing the person, or seeing the question?

Re: Do you read for people online?

I've tried, and I've found that my amazing psychic powers are blocked by technology and distance, lol. I can't do online readings well at all, and I have a hard time doing phone readings, too.

If I do online readings, I usually take questions from e-mail/IM or a blog, answer them when I have quiet offline time & take notes, and then e-mail the person back. It seems to work a little better than trying to do a video chat or live on an IM program. Now, I used to do long-distance snail mail readings, and those had a much higher success rate. I even had a 'Dear Abby' kind of column in a desktop published magazine, where people would write for readings & I'd pick a couple and answer them in the column. But I still had something that the Querent had touched & handled instead of picking up on their vibes over the web.
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I do distance readings and the like. For me I don't have an issue reading for people or anything like that. Then again, when I do it and need a name I focus on teh name given of ___(insert website)___.
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

I definitely think I pick up more about the person visually than just "feeling" for something over wires. It can be challenging. But it's odd...for some reason, the reading turns out better if I have a picture of them to look at online.

Comment

Working...
        X