Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Racist people suck

I am just beside myself with disgust after reading this cop blog:
    Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Yes, if you are of African descent, this is what Chicago's finest *actually* thinks of you! Not only the blog posts themselves are reprehensible, but the comments below the posts are just as vile. :sick: The blog contains a cleverly worded disclaimer stating that no one on the site is claiming to be a cop, but obviously the person maintaining the blog and many commenters are cops or other law enforcement.

I clicked "report abuse" for hate speech. Honestly, if cops don't want people hating them, they shouldn't give people reason to hate them. This is just awful.

Re: Racist people suck

Personally, I'd doubt the reliability of any blog titled 'Shaved Longcock'. It looks like a spoof site. A really, really horrible spoof site.
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Wait. Somebody (and we have no idea if it's a cop) write an on line blog..and YOU become the hate speech police.

No.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
        Personally, I'd doubt the reliability of any blog titled 'Shaved Longcock'. It looks like a spoof site. A really, really horrible spoof site.
        Agreed. Not only that, I didn't even see anything like a report. Just eye catching pictures and stupidity.

I don't know of these two links are related to the story you're trying to get us to read... but on the site you linked I saw nothing viable. Not to mention the link name itself is rather distasteful.
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

It is distasteful, and I think the person who picked the blog's name did so in an attempt at humor.

While I don't know for certain if a cop wrote it, they are definitley implying that the page's target audience is law enforcement.

Wow, I didn't think I was trying to be hate-speech police. I saw a blog and it did violate the site's TOU, so I reported it. I personally wouldn't put this past a cop to write. No matter who wrote it, it's foul.

Comment

You know if you are in customer service, you will find blogs about people who work and complain about their customers. The same way with doctor's blogs hating their patients. Or Chefs or car salesmen. We all need a place to vent. Even if it's ugly venting.

Comment

Not entirely certain it's written by a cop and I'm not willing to use it as a jumping point to bitch about Chicago police without more certainty of their involvement in it. Being openly attached to racist crap is in too many ways detrimental to doing one's job for me to say without proof that a cop would create something that could bite him in the ass as badly as this.

Past that, there are ample examples of police stupidity while on duty that can easily be found on the net that I'm more concerned about.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I agree with you both...but seeing racial stuff like this hurts my soul. I can vent about people too without looking at race or color as a reason to not like them. I realize it's not important in the grand scheme of things, but when I came across this the other night, I was sickened.

Comment

It almost looks to me not so much as a racist cop venting, but more like someone is gathering news stories about non-white people being targeted by the Chicago police in order to draw attention to what the blogger perceives as a problem. And Mr. Smooth-skinned Well-Endowed Blogger isn't just on blogger, but also youtube, myspace, blogspot, twitter, you name it. He's also got link-loops - he posts a comment or something on a page like Huffington Post, links it back to one of his own sites & says he's 'getting national news attention'. He's done this so much that if you look for 'Chicago PD reaction to...', all you get are his posts on his own blog.

Yup, this guy is a real threat to the Chicago PD alright.

If he could use his amazing keyword saturation skills for something constructive, he could probably make a ton of money for himself or his preferred charity. Maybe the NAACP or the ACLU or something...

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                    It almost looks to me not so much as a racist cop venting, but more like someone is gathering news stories about non-white people being targeted by the Chicago police in order to draw attention to what the blogger perceives as a problem. And Mr. Smooth-skinned Well-Endowed Blogger isn't just on blogger, but also youtube, myspace, blogspot, twitter, you name it. He's also got link-loops - he posts a comment or something on a page like Huffington Post, links it back to one of his own sites & says he's 'getting national news attention'. He's done this so much that if you look for 'Chicago PD reaction to...', all you get are his posts on his own blog.

Yup, this guy is a real threat to the Chicago PD alright.

If he could use his amazing keyword saturation skills for something constructive, he could probably make a ton of money for himself or his preferred charity. Maybe the NAACP or the ACLU or something...
                    You know, I hadn't thought of that. You may be right there. I tend to have a hard time reading between the lines sometimes. I am guilty of taking people at their word too often. :='(:

Comment

Originally posted by MyPseudonym View Post
                      You know, I hadn't thought of that. You may be right there. I tend to have a hard time reading between the lines sometimes. I am guilty of taking people at their word too often. :='(:
                      It happens, don't feel bad about it.

I've been practicing a lot of my critical thinking skills since joining this forum. Every once in awhile, I go back to take a second look at something that instantly triggers an emotional response to find out if my reaction was warranted or not. And that includes dismissing things out of hand

Comment

There is the off chance this is something most people would not "Get" at first reading. Someone from an ethnic group posting as another ethnic group to discredit said group. There is another thing I ran into while in Albany,a guy I knew who was Jewish was a skin head,and expressed his hate of Jews. That one I never figured out,but my best guess is he hated being Jewish for some reason.
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I dunno if it's where this is going or not but I keep thinking back to...

Some of the best [worst], most obnoxious and even heinous "nigger jokes" that I have ever heard came from my black friends. Who's really supposed to be offended by them jokes? Really.

I didn't read the blog (the url pretty much convinced me that I didn't need to go there) and have only skimmed the thread, here. I'm just sort of catching bits and pieces of what could possibly be satire, even if it's in poor taste. However, on the off chance that sick and twisted isn't behind it, the only real choice a person has is their own. I don't have the ability, nor the right, to mandate what others should or should not like, love/hate, do, think...

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

When I googled the name of the detective I got a very different sort of site.
                            *click click click

Comment

Working...
                            X