Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Affrimations and/or spells

Hey, hope your having a great spring so far
    anywho, I had a huge thought for the past couple of days. With spells you take a desire and try and make it manifest. I also thought you can do the same thing with Affrimations. Both of these ways, your telling your subconcious. For example, lets say you do a spell for happiness. The scents, colors, symbols, etc, remind you of the intention which tell your subconcious that this is what you want. And using all your senses makes it real for you. Then the spells done. Where as an affrimation, is reptetive, and your still imprinting it into your mind. I had a thought though, could they go hand in hand? Like lets say you do a spell to be happy. You do the spell on a full moon (or whenever) then your done. Then the next day for the next month or until it manifest, you say little affrimations to empower your intention even more, and to tell your subconious even more. I then had the thought though, if you say an affrimation over and over, wouldnt that cause you to think about it? then lessening the spell? or would it tell your subconious even more thats what you really want. (I also keep in mind that the subconcious is part of the universe so we are letting the universe know too.) Any thoughts, on after you do a spell, you do affrimations to let your subconious know its what you want and to empower your desire. I thought it would be interesting to see what you think. Thanks and blessed be.

Re: Affrimations and/or spells

Hmm. I haven't tried it but I think it would empower the spell. However, if you over-think it (which is in my opinion the problem of affirmations), you might find yourself doubting, thus killing the spell.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Could the affirmation be done more passively? For instance, my school has a bunch of little affirmations all over the damn place. There's one in most bathrooms by the mirror, but they're all over the place discreetly too. They're just positive messages to boost confidence, happiness, etc. But maybe if you had a really discreet reminder somewhere, like an item that you associate with your desire, which you might happen to glance at occasionally by happenstance, and then for that second you would invoke the desire and quickly forget about it. It would be a more passive invocation because you would not be reciting an incantation of any kind or even settling on words when you see the object. It would just be a quiet reminder of will.

I don't know if that's helpful to you, but I may actually try this.

Something else that occurred to me. I don't know a lot about magic and ritual, but I wonder if the spell has to be the first step, or perhaps it could function as the final thrust and send-off or your desire? I feel like in my personal rituals, I'm all about the build-up of intention and clarity, and the actual ritual is a final action freeing myself of that build-up, and I can let it go into the Universe when I'm finished and relax for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Siloh View Post
        Something else that occurred to me. I don't know a lot about magic and ritual, but I wonder if the spell has to be the first step, or perhaps it could function as the final thrust and send-off or your desire? I feel like in my personal rituals, I'm all about the build-up of intention and clarity, and the actual ritual is a final action freeing myself of that build-up, and I can let it go into the Universe when I'm finished and relax for a while.
        To me it seems that the spell is something like a request, and the affirmations would work as reminders of the request, as well as empowering it. Anyhow, it depends on each person and what works for them.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

thanks guys, great responses the item sounds like a good idea. I would see the ritual of the spell be the "statement to the universe" your telling them what you want. Then like you said Siloh, you could carry an item that you can look at periodically and that would invoke that desires energy. Then when you look at the item, it tells your subconious. I like that idea. And I am going to try it

Comment

Working...
          X