Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An attack, a warning, or a simple night-terror?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An attack, a warning, or a simple night-terror?

Hello guys,
    A few days ago I was victim to what I think was an attack. However, it seemed more of a warning. I was lying on my bed, meditating, and I became suddenly trapped between the conscious and unconscious level. I heard a very loud constant noise. I could feel my body, and could move my fingers, but nothing else. I attempted to scream, I remember being able to open my mouth, but no sound coming out of it. It ended suddenly, I'm not sure if the attack subsided or I was able to break free of it, and I felt like I had just being strangled.

It seems a warning to me, because two days prior to the attack, I attempted to contact Belial. I requested him to induce a dream on me that night (which I did have) in which I would learn how to solve a specific problem in my life. On the dream I saw briefly the image of Belial, and it doesn't correspond to what I saw during the attack. I don't know why, but this attack and the fact that I established contact with Belial seem to be related somehow.

This is a drawing of what I saw during the attack:

Click image for larger version

Name:	attack.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	355921

The background was like blur, noise and waves moving very fast and erratically, and the face was slightly merged with the background. It just stared at me. It seemed angry. It also seemed as if it wanted to punish me.

I doubt it was a night-terror because I didn't feel any fear, I wasn't scared. I just heard this terrible loud rumbling noise and felt paralysed for a few seconds. Another thing is that I would be open to experience something like this again, and try to pay attention and figure out as much as I can about it. I would never want to have a real night-terror. Those things are horrible.

Are this two things really related? Do you think it was a true attack, just a warning or a simple night-terror?

Thanks for your assistance on this matter.

EDIT: It may have been sleep paralysis.
    Last edited by Sean R. R.; 27 Mar 2012, 17:49. Reason: Found

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Re: An attack, a warning, or a simple night-terror?

I highly doubt that it was a night terror, since from my understanding of them--and I used to experience them chronically--they are characterized by being high intensity while leaving no clear memory of the dream. Generally when I've experienced night terrors, I've woken up screaming, then couldn't remember a thing. As a child, I often heard about how I was screaming in my sleep, but when my sister would come to wake me, I'd sit bolt upright, say a few words (the only one I vaguely remember was: "there were three big lakes") and then promptly fall backward onto my pillow, fast asleep and non-responsive.

Comment

Not a night terror, unlikely to be the Night Mare.... possibly an out of body experience?
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Siloh View Post
        I highly doubt that it was a night terror, since from my understanding of them--and I used to experience them chronically--they are characterized by being high intensity while leaving no clear memory of the dream. Generally when I've experienced night terrors, I've woken up screaming, then couldn't remember a thing. As a child, I often heard about how I was screaming in my sleep, but when my sister would come to wake me, I'd sit bolt upright, say a few words (the only one I vaguely remember was: "there were three big lakes") and then promptly fall backward onto my pillow, fast asleep and non-responsive.
        I've experienced two of them. One of them I couldn't remember it, the other one I did, and it wasn't pretty. Thanks for the info!

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
        Not a night terror, unlikely to be the Night Mare.... possibly an out of body experience?
        Out of body experience? Are you sure? What makes you think so?

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post

Out of body experience? Are you sure? What makes you think so?
          No I'm not sure. That's why I said 'possibly.' You mentioned feeling trapped between the conscious and unconscious level and some people claim to experience this as a prelude to OOBEs.

But I certainly don't believe it was a night terror, nor an attack by The Mare, which are the most common types of night attack. They have certain specific criteria which didn't seem to be present in this particular instance.

Attacks rarely come as a single one-off - at least not if they are deliberate. Occasionally accidental or misdirected attacks can come as one-offs simply because of their nature. Whether it's a warning - well, if so, you should come away with a specific message from that. Was there a message? (Only you will know.)

I hope you discover what it was soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
            No I'm not sure. That's why I said 'possibly.' You mentioned feeling trapped between the conscious and unconscious level and some people claim to experience this as a prelude to OOBEs.

But I certainly don't believe it was a night terror, nor an attack by The Mare, which are the most common types of night attack. They have certain specific criteria which didn't seem to be present in this particular instance.

Attacks rarely come as a single one-off - at least not if they are deliberate. Occasionally accidental or misdirected attacks can come as one-offs simply because of their nature. Whether it's a warning - well, if so, you should come away with a specific message from that. Was there a message? (Only you will know.)

I hope you discover what it was soon.
            Well, if it is a prelude to OOBEs then awesome. I've always wanted to do them.

I didn't get any specific message, but during the experience, I felt as if I had done something very wrong.

Comment

Im a firm believer in looking to the past believes to find some kind of foundation to what goes on in our lives today. When I read this my very first thought was in face Sleep Paralysis which back before it was understood was thought to be the very work of demons such as Incubi or Mares as Tylluan has stated. Nut many different countries have their own folk lore on these such events. It would be something I would say to look into. It couldn't hurt. Could help you further decide whether you are dealing with something supernatural, psychological, or both.

Comment

One point I would make - sleep paralysis is NOT the same as night terrors or The Mare, although they are often confused. Sleep paralysis does happen, I'm not denying that, but it has become something of a basket diagnosis for anything odd that happens at night, whereas in fact it has a specific set of guidelines which, when you examine them, are quite different.

It is customary nowadays to denigrate these night-time events and claim they are all just sleep paralysis, but this doesn't even go half way to explaining SUNDS (Sudden unexplained nocturnal death syndrome) which actually has some very interesting parallels with the Mare.

So to the Original Poster, I would say make notes of what has happened, and continue to add to these as and when. Usually you will find a pattern emerge. If it doesn't, and it truly was a one-off, then I would put it down to a misdirected or unintentional attack, and accept that you may never really get to the truth of it.

Best of luck, whatever happens.

Comment

Originally posted by marykabroiwn
                  It is your brain and mind set

Because?????

Comment

OMG's!

*facepalm

MIND SET?? WTF?

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                      OMG's!

*facepalm

MIND SET?? WTF?
                      What is a mindset anyway?

Comment

A mindset is how one views the world,determined by your own conception of what things mean. Say a person with deep set Racial views would see an event differently than a person with a different mindset,as perhaps an open mindset,that allows one to sift through the facts in what in fact happened. A closed mindset would filter everything through their own filter of beliefs,rather than consider the true facts. The term "seeing through rose colored glasses" describes someone that sees the world as ok,even though it may not be ok.

This little cartoon might explain it in much simpler terms.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	inkblot.gif
Views:	1
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	351422
                        Last edited by anunitu; 27 Mar 2012, 14:46.
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                          A mindset is how one views the world,determined by your own conception of what things mean. Say a person with deep set Racial views would see an event differently than a person with a different mindset,as perhaps an open mindset,that allows one to sift through the facts in what in fact happened. A closed mindset would filter everything through their own filter of beliefs,rather than consider the true facts. The term "seeing through rose colored glasses" describes someone that sees the world as ok,even though it may not be ok.

This little cartoon might explain it in much simpler terms.
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]786[/ATTACH]
                          So a mindset is pretty much the regrouping of the terms open-minded and narrow-minded, as well as more specific mindsets. I consider myself pretty open-minded, sometimes to the point that I am unable to judge anything, it's bothering at times. Of course, I'm not even sure I'm able to judge how open-minded I am, I leave that to the others.

Thanks for clarifying!

Comment

Please stop with the one sentence (or less) answers that are only relevant through extreme mental gymnastics from your readers. They give the impression that either

1) You're a complete dunce at written communication

or

2) You're a troll

Both impressions end badly.
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Wow, I broke my hiatus for this one...again. But we won't go into that...

I'm assuming if one collects the brains and minds in the set they won't have nightmares?

ON TOPIC: Do you, by chance, have a fascination with UFO's or anything like that? Sometimes our dreams are sparked by the day's events, which is what I think marykabroiwn was alluding to.
                              my etsy store
                              My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                              surrounded by plush, downy things,
                              ill prepared, but willing,
                              to descend."

Comment

Working...
                              X