Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Astral Famiar/Spirit Guide/Dream Guardian

Astral familiar* sorry

I hope I'm posting in the correct place.

One of the most magical experiences I've had in my life was my relationship with what I've generally viewed as a dream guardian. He's some kind of great white wolf, looking most closely like a tundra wolf. He used to often accompany me in my dreams, almost constantly between the ages of 4 and 8, and he sometimes showed up during the day. I didn't really think anything of it until I got my white German shepherd and stopped dreaming about him or seeing him.

Since then, he has intermittently returned and intermittently been replaced by other figures in my life who were protective forces.

Now I've been having more trouble than ever with my dreams in the last two years or so, and I'm starting to wish he would come back, but I have no idea how to call him or if he'd come when it seems he has a good idea of when he needs to show up and when he doesn't. I'm not one to play by hard-and-fast personifications of spiritual sources, but he is very real as a person to me, and I don't want to offend him by trying to conjure him into my dreams if he doesn't think I need him. I don't even know how I'd approach asking him. Generally I can do dream visualizations to make manifest what I'd like in my dreams, but I've been having a helluvah time keeping these dreams in check and he's not a stage prop I can just implant, or so I feel.

Any ideas/comments/feedback?

Re: Astral Famiar/Spirit Guide/Dream Guardian

Fall back on plain old ordinary good manners that you would use with anyone you wished to see. Invite the wolf back into your life as opposed to conjuring him up; demanding that he return would not be polite. Issue the invitation the best way that you know how and if he returns, thank him, and if he doesn't, thank him anyway and say, "Perhaps next time."

Comment

Originally posted by Miranda View Post
      Fall back on plain old ordinary good manners that you would use with anyone you wished to see. Invite the wolf back into your life as opposed to conjuring him up; demanding that he return would not be polite. Issue the invitation the best way that you know how and if he returns, thank him, and if he doesn't, thank him anyway and say, "Perhaps next time."
      I've wondered about whether or not I would be able to make myself dream I was in our most regular meeting landscape, but it's so huge and I'm terrible at controlling setting specifically.

I'm sure there are other ways to ask for his presence. I'm just not sure what they could be yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Siloh View Post
        I've wondered about whether or not I would be able to make myself dream....... I'm terrible at controlling setting specificaly......
        When it comes to dreaming you might want to try a technique that doesn't involve "make myself" dream. That approach never worked well for me.

I Suggest another method that has proven far superior for me and others, although, I can't say it's everybody's cup of tea.

It requires you sit with a journal and put yourself in a very calm, almost meditative state. once you achieve that super relaxed state you can image the desired landscape setting and call the entity you wish. It is a wonderful experience!

BB
        sigpicFor something different, visit my blog: http://theunknownwizard.blogspot.com

Comment

I have a very polite little meditation that I wrote to meet with my spirit guide. It just involves lighting a couple candles, placing some herbs about and then asking him to come with you and go on a little journey. There's no forcing anything, just a little invite and if nothing happens, then like Miranda said, thank him anyway and say maybe next time or something and then leave. You can also bring with you a gift of sorts if you want. If you're interested I can type it up for you?

Comment

These things can come and go. I've had a few spirit guides in my life. Perhaps the one you are so familiar with is holding back to give you a chance to realize other guides you have with you? This may not be the case, everyone is different, but it's something to consider.
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
              These things can come and go. I've had a few spirit guides in my life. Perhaps the one you are so familiar with is holding back to give you a chance to realize other guides you have with you? This may not be the case, everyone is different, but it's something to consider.
              My first thought is that he is trying to help me find my fulfillment in reality. He recedes when something is standing in for him, when there is a figure in my reality providing what he provides. And occasionally, that figure is me, and I can only imagine that this is his ideal. I'm simply frustrated because my dog is not that figure and never will be, whereas my German shepherd really did. My dog today used to die in my dreams every night. It slowed down after a full year, about a month ago, but it was terrible and still is when it happens. With the recent (2+ years of) trouble I've had, I'm kind of struck dumb that he doesn't see fit to come to me.

Maybe there are other guides. There was a black panther sometimes when I was a kid, but what black panthers mean to me has since been corrupted so badly that I wouldn't try to reach that entity. Though perhaps there are more who await me? Maybe I'm in such a new life phase that my old sources of guidance are obsolete, and I should be seeking new omens to look to?

HDB, I would appreciate seeing that meditation. It's certainly worth a shot. Could you PM it to me if you get the chance?

Comment

When I first became aware of my spiritual side I had a spirit guide (a fox). But I outgrew him so to speak. He warned me his time with me was running short but I would meet another, and then not to long I met another (A falcon), who has stayed by side. Even with him there another has showed up that comes and goes( a lion.) After meeting the third I was told soon I would meet yet another in the times to come and that one I have met (an owl/Lillith.) So its been quite a journey meeting all these spirits and diety's and I look forward to meeting more of them. But back to the issue at hand... Since that wolf was showing its self to you at such a young age perhaps you have out grown it. To me its nothing to worry or mourn over, but maybe you should start meditations to meet the new guide of your life. At all points in our life we have a guide with us, a lot of times they wait to be asked to show themselves. Sometimes they will just show themselves, and sometimes they wont show at all.

Comment

Funny you should mention your owl. Owls have been appearing everywhere in my life recently, particularly barn owls. But... Since the wolf, you know, tore apart my attackers for me, I have tried to ignore all the damn owls because they aren't fulfilling my idea of a guide. But, you know, I should probably look into this issue instead of trying to ignore it.

Comment

Yeah sometimes things around you are good not bad. I was weary of the owl at first too. Scared when I found out who it was and I just took it slow and found out it was okay

Comment

Hi Siloh,

I've recently "lost" a spirit guide as well (turtle), and it is unsettling. But the point of my guide's leaving was to usher me into a new phase, to help me move on. And I needed to. There's only so long that I could stay in my shell, so to speak. I didn't understand Turtle's part in my life for a while - I was certain I had a "stronger" guide. But Turtle helped me immensely, and now, so has Owl. Your new guide might not seem "strong" to you, but it may represent exactly what you need at this moment.

Also, you might have mentioned exactly what your guide needs to you learn and demonstrate: self-reliance. If he is pulling away to let you become your own protector (as you said might be his ideal), then he might be "ignoring" you in order to bring that ideal to pass.

Either way, I hope your answer comes to you. Good luck!

~A
                      "All four winds blow steady, singing 'hie, the open road is home!'"
                      http://hagstones.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                      X