Rhiannon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rhiannon?

I was putting a simple charm (warm water, salt, milky quartz) on a pair of earrings last night, when I spaced out. I couldn't see anything--aside from the usual blurriness that comes with spacing out--but I sensed a presence. It unspokenly introduced itself as Rhiannon and said for me to recognize it with a chunk of polished hematite--which I coincidentially already have. ...I think a goddess is trying to contact me!

I've found some books on Druidry/-ism, and this one that I particularly like, "The Modern-Day Druidess" by Cassandra Eason, says that Rhiannon is the "Welsh Goddess of the Moon and the Otherworld. Invoke her for meaningful dreams, for Moon magic, for recovering from emotional and physical abuse, and for patience through injustice and intolerance that cannot be overcome because the odds are too great against you." And that's all I have on Rhiannon, since Google only brings up people selling jewelry and short references to her when I search her name, and since the local library branch has hardly anything on Celtic deities. That said, if any of you here have experience working with Rhiannon, I would love to have some more information on her.

Re: Rhiannon?

You will find early references to Rhiannon in the Mabinogion. Well worth a read...
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I don't have any experience with Rhiannon, but I just wanted to say that was a really cool experience you had, BerrySpice!

Comment

@Tylluan - Turns out that one library branch has a copy of the Mabinogion, so I've put that on hold along with some other books on Celtic goddesses. Glad I *branced out* my area in which to research.

@Moonwitch - I'm still giddy from the realization of what happened! Of course, I'm not going to get ahead of myself with this excitement--I don't want to risk doing something regretable.

Also, any ideas as to why Rhiannon would specifically want me to have hematite on hand? I don't know what to do with it, or if it's even associated with Her.

Comment

Hematite is associated with psychic awareness and the astral. She is a goddess of the Otherworld, so maybe that's it?
          Circe

Comment

Well, the books I put on hold have finally arrived at the local library branch, and I plan to visit the local bead store--which also sells semiprecious beads and a good variety of polished stones--to gather supplies for making a necklace with the hematite. I need to research what stones can compliment hematite, but I have a good idea of what it'll look like--I think I'll have two cresent moon pendants on opposite sides of the hematite, to better represent Rhiannon of course.

Comment

Random comment: I cannot read the title of this thread without singing it

Comment

I decided to use obsidian, jet, quartz, and moonstone beads to compliment the hematite. A site I've used and deemed reliable said that they have similar properties as hematite.

Comment

I've read through the books I got, and I like the concept of Rhiannon as a goddess enough to want her to influence my life. I was reading in another forum that one person adapted a self-dedication ritual into, what I'll call, an acceptance of influence ritual. Since I'm still not that well-educated in Druidism, I think a figurative trial session with Rhiannon will tell me if a whole...commitment (right word or no?) is ideal or not. That said, I have no idea how I'd accept her influence since I don't have any record of self-dedications to het to craft an adaptation from. I'll most likely implement the hematite, but after that, I don't know what to do. Any ideas?

Comment

Best thing about rituals is that they don't HAVE to be a specific way. I did a "changing of the guard" ritual last night (ironically, now working with Rhiannon as well) and all I did, basically, was thank the goddess I had been working with (Hecate), remember the lessons that I learned from working with her, and then remove her items from my altar. I then acknowledged and thanked Rhiannon for being willing to work with me, and I placed items on my altar that correspond to her. It was quiet, heartfelt. And it works. Because (at least to me) that's all that matters - the heartfelt nature.
                    "All four winds blow steady, singing 'hie, the open road is home!'"
                    http://hagstones.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                    X