Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Into the Machine,the life and our understanding of the Machine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Into the Machine,the life and our understanding of the Machine.

I have thought about this subject for a long time,and am trying to put the concept into words that make sense. The idea is that we as humans live and work in a machine of social gears and cogs. Every one of us is part of this machine,flowing along with the movement of its progression,or falling under the great wheels from our point of inclusion in this great engine that chugs onward into the future. Sometimes we have bad operators that don't know how to fix and mend the machine when it bogs down,others that understand the complexities of its nature and find secret ways to improve its workings. Every one of us is a mechanic and in many was an innovator in its nature.

I view the world,and the complex interplay between nations and individuals and wonder what kind of part I play in this vast undertaking we call existence as cog and gear. Do I throw a wrench into the workings of this intricate drama,
    Do I lend a soothing balm to allow the wheels to run without grinding my fellow
    humans into the soil of history,or do I only concern myself with my own tiny safety of keeping to the master plan of just following the status as it is.

This thought game,the intention to understand who we really are, may be a lesson in pure speculation that has no real world effect.

And so to the Question, how do you make sense of your place in the grand scheme?
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Into the Machine,the life and our understanding of the Machine.

I think that my place in the grand scheme is the corner, behind the potted palm.

Which is better than in my last life, when the valet for the grand scheme wouldn't even park my car.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I'm claiming the noisy piece that no one knows the purpose for and no one is willing to remove till they can figure out what it's attached to.

To be half-serious, the universe decided one day that it was missing an entity that fit the general parameters of a "MaskedOne" type gear in reality and directed that such a gear should exist. I now exist and fill that placement until such time as it's no longer necessary or a better model comes along. What this means to the rest of you, shrug, that would depend on who exactly I'm interacting with. The role I fill when dealing "Corbin" type gears in reality is not the same one that I fill when dealing with "Chainlightning", or "Anunito" type gears in reality for example.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Oh. That was YOUR hand on my gears.
        I should have known...
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I believe that my roll in this machine is the part of friction, because for most of my life that seems to be what I cause between myself and others.
          Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
            Oh. That was YOUR hand on my gears.
            I should have known...
            :eeevil:

life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Honestly? I am just a statistic. Just another drain on space and resources in this already overpopulated society. While you could argue that having worked in an animal shelter, in education and with people who have learning disabilities, that I have had a positive impact on the lives of others, but most adult humans need a job and as there are too few to go around, I am quite sure that if I hadn't done it, someone else would.

I HAVE had my research published in a scientific journal, so maybe I've contributed to the advancement of mankind. Nope. I'm quite sure life would continue without the insight into the mating behaviour of the yellow dung fly (scathophaga stercoraria.. never heard of them? Wish I could say this was surprising).

My plan: walk as much as I can, recycle, never learn to drive, stay a vegetarian and generally do all I can to keep my carbon footprint as small is humanly possible. Ruin it all by flying to and from Japan 6 times (to date) and thus undoing all my good effort in my greedy lust for gratification via my greatest passion. I'll try not to have kids and add to overpopulation, because too many people here in NE England, have large families and I feel they have taken my quota. Hope I can win the battle against what seems to be an innate sense of entitlement in the greedy human-animal.
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
              X