Glastonbury Holy Thorn Tree attacked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glastonbury Holy Thorn Tree attacked

I wasn't sure where to post this, but settled on General Discussion. I honestly don't know where to start..

Two year ago the Holy Thorn Tree of Glastonbury was cut down. Was it an act of mindless vandalism, or something more significant?

Feeling a mixture of 'poor tree' and 'What was that about Satanism?'
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Re: Glastonbury Holy Thorn Tree attacked

Why does blood always mean Satanists, anyway? Plenty of people of other faiths promote animal sacrifice. The one that first comes to mind is the rather outdated Jewish tradition of swinging and killing a chicken for the New Year. Some traditionalists, often immigrants or first-gen American Jews, still lament that the chicken has mostly been replaced with various symbolic props. And, obviously, no one is claiming great uncle Mortimer or grandpa Seymore is a Satanist.

Comment

Yeah, I don't imagine genuine Satanists have much interest in Glastonbury anyway. What is there, religiously speaking, to attract them? Sounds more like 'dark fluff' to me.
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
        Yeah, I don't imagine genuine Satanists have much interest in Glastonbury anyway. What is there, religiously speaking, to attract them? Sounds more like 'dark fluff' to me.

Comment

Shall we be hiding our lambs?

Comment

Oh, don't worry, it gets better. How about this - a recent article?

Or this -
            Exorcising demons from possessed souls and removing poltergeists from Welsh homes are two of the more unusual jobs taken on by the Bishop of Monmouth.

Clearly we Welsh are a dodgy bunch. Oh goody
            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
              Shall we be hiding our lambs?
              Yes, if slaughtering lambs will help me become a Master of Letters. But I would probably look for my victims in Scotland, where they seem to be plagued by the bleating minions.

Comment

One idea might be that someone chopped it down to sell splinters on tv as holy relics..
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                  Oh, don't worry, it gets better. How about this - a recent article?

Or this -
                  Exorcising demons from possessed souls and removing poltergeists from Welsh homes are two of the more unusual jobs taken on by the Bishop of Monmouth.

Clearly we Welsh are a dodgy bunch. Oh goody
                  Does the fact that I'm perturbed by this Bishop's picture mean I'm possessed?

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                    One idea might be that someone chopped it down to sell splinters on tv as holy relics..
                    Hahaha, good one. Would that be holy relic also cure impotence, acne, cellulite, hairloss and bad breath?

Comment

Originally posted by Siloh View Post
                      Does the fact that I'm perturbed by this Bishop's picture mean I'm possessed?
                      Not at all Siloh.... I'm pretty peturbed as well...
                      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

^ Ditto!!!!!

Got his mug in the news so now he's an expert on Wicca and Pagans....ha!
                        Last edited by Monk; 10 Apr 2012, 13:57.
                        Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Working...
                        X