Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travon Martin: The question is not about the actual killing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travon Martin: The question is not about the actual killing.

Trying to make clear what this thread is about. It is not about discussion about the actual case,but the question is will this end up turning into something other than a decision about justice. There have been many attempts by both sides to turn this into something of a "decent into anger" more than trying to sort out the facts.

Question: do you think that cooler heads should prevail,and justice should be the main objective, or is the media(this includes internet,TV,radio,etc) feeding frenzy a bad or good approach to it?
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Travon Martin: The question is not about the actual killing.

Never noticed anything about this in the news here. Can we have some back story please?
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Trying to post relevant reports on this,but it is a bit of a firestorm here in the States.

Point et informations précises sur des sujets d’actualités récents qui vous intéressent.

One problem now is most stories are slanted from both camps in this building story.
      Last edited by anunitu; 06 Apr 2012, 10:20.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I want to see a case presented before a grand jury. I've seen enough of it to say the shooting may not be completely indefensible but I think there's more than enough to merit an attempt to indict Zimmerman and to take the case to trial if an indictment is returned by a grand jury.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

My feelings exactly..due process is the key. Not just write it off without an investigation and a trial to determine the facts and findings ether way.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

This whole thing has been whipped up into a storm of fluid bullshit.

such an innocent young man!

Its like so many reports say, this is all just a massive bandwaggon that doesnt actualy know what its doing, people should sit down and think about that their doing for just one second. Hoddie Day? You shitting me??

Comment

The idiocy of various special interest groups aside, I want to know precisely one thing. What happened between the time that a dispatcher told Zimmerman to stop following the boy and the point we have a witness seeing Zimmerman getting his ass kicked. If Zimmerman backed off immediately and Martin approached him to initiate the conflict then I might buy a self defense plea. If Zimmerman ignored the dispatcher and continued following Martin then I'm sticking to my original assumption that he was looking for a fight and I would respond very badly to that.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

I'm not quite sure what Stoph is getting at by posting those two things.

First, that first picture (the "The truth should not have an agenda" one) is a fake. The Trayvon Martin on the left is the real Trayvon, but the Trayvon on the right is a different Trayvon. Not the same person. Here's a link:

Photographs purportedly showing shooting victim Trayvon Martin are actually pictures of other people.

As for the second picture (the screenshot), other than the n**** word, I don't see anything wrong with it. What exactly is that screenshot supposed to make me think? First, it's not the Trayvon person even using the offensive word. Second, there is no way to confirm that is the Trayvon that was killed. I tried looking this person up on Facebook and couldn't find him anywhere.

I don't know what happened, and I'm not going to pretend I do. What irritates the crud out of me is the people who are trying to make Trayvon into some sort of a saint (he was still human, he wasn't perfect, just like everyone else) and the people who are trying to make him seem like he was worthless. Maybe he wasn't a perfect kid, maybe he made mistakes, I don't know, but to try and get people so riled up on one side or the other is stupid. Do an investigation, figure out what happened (or a good idea of what happened), and do what needs to be done. There is no reason to turn this into some sort of national war.

Comment

Justice be served? Have you seen the complete INACTIVITY of the police dept in this case?
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

If memory serves, blame for this is largely on the DA. At least one of the officers expected to be pressing some form of murder charge but the DA chose not to proceed. Without a DA willing to prosecute, the police force has effectively been handcuffed. They can't press this type of charge on their own.

Comment

Working...
                    X