Ritual or Spell to Get Rid of a Memory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ritual or Spell to Get Rid of a Memory?

Well, this isn't normally like me....i've never really seen a need to cast a spell or do some sort of ritual.....but this time it seems really important (personally). This girl from my past, who broke my heart, cheated on me, and then led me on to believe we were going to go back out only to go out with some other guy, has seemed to be making my way into my mind a lot lately and also in my dreams where we hang out like we used to. Now i don't really have a problem with Maggie, we don't talk or see each other anymore at all.....I just really want the memories of her out of my head and also want to stop her from ever making her way back into my mind.

So i come here, anyone have anything that could help?

Re: Ritual or Spell to Get Rid of a Memory?

My personal advice, don't try for an actual forgetting. She occupies enough of your past that either

1) the spell would suffer a critical existence failure

or

2) the side effects of screwing with that much of your memory would be messy bordering on catastrophic

some of severance ritual to shut down that chapter of your life and get some closure so that memories of her are there when relevant but not actively invading every moment of your day might work.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I agree a severance ritual would go better than a memory erase. Also it may hurt now but without that memory you're doomed to repeat the mistake if you actually learned something only to erase it.
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

You cannot simply get rid of memories. It just dosen't work, you could seriously hurt yourself doing it actually, you can fog it up or block it but that could cause a whole host of other issues. There are just a lot better ways to deal with this
        Circe

Comment

I don't know if this will help, but if you still have feelings for her, besides just memories, then it might. To get over my ex, I did a spell in whhich I asked my feelings for the person, to mirror theirs for me. That way, I wasn't closing doors if there was a chance for us (there never is, but we rarely let ourselves accept that in the early stages of heartbreak. If we aren't emotionally ready to let go, then any spell to 'forget' is going to be conflicted and likely to fail. This spell avoids that by keeping things open.), but I was allowing myself to neutralise feelings that were providing no benefit to me. In due course, I came to be almost indifferent to this person, if somewhat irritated by their pathetic behaviour. Feelings I am quite sure they have towards me!
          Last edited by Jembru; 08 Apr 2012, 17:21.
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

^ creative methodology. I don't think I could talk myself into using it. I could think of weird side effects if depending on the target but it gets points for being an approach that I've never heard of before.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
              You cannot simply get rid of memories. It just dosen't work, you could seriously hurt yourself doing it actually, you can fog it up or block it but that could cause a whole host of other issues. There are just a lot better ways to deal with this
              This. Just this.
              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." - Khalil Gibran

Comment

My days are already hard as it is with everything else, and the last thing i needed was memories of her again....i was a little too hasty with my "plan"/asking for help. I don't know what i can do though because i just hate all the memories and the feelings i still have for this girl when she doesn't care at all about me.

Comment

Perform a healing spell on yourself. Working on yourself so you can move on is all you can do at this point.
                  my etsy store
                  My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                  surrounded by plush, downy things,
                  ill prepared, but willing,
                  to descend."

Comment

Forgetting her would mean that all the lessons you learned from her would also be forgotten, leaving you open to repeat the same mistakes.

Listen to the voices above. They have your best interests at heart. Running from your pain will never, ever help you grow. Don't stick that head in the sand. Open your eyes and move forward, knowing your scars will heal tougher than before.
                    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

I've actually done this, but its really difficult, and was only a temporary fix that honestly just caused more problems. When I managed to do it, a few months later, the memories started showing up as really fuzzy dreams that left me with a rather depressed, hard emotional loss when I woke up. The memories come back, and you still have to deal with the pain. I agree with some of the other comments, a severance ritual or a healing spell to help you heal over that part of your life would work a looooot more efficiently and be a lot less painful in the end, because then you wake up wondering why you have these dreams that feel like memories, and what you have to do to fix them, and then you end up re-living it all over again.

It's kind of a bandaid for a bullet wound fix if you do that. I know the feeling of how much it hurts, but trust me, going through it once, and only having memories haunt you is better than completely reliving it and not knowing why til you figure out what you did, and then it'll hit you all over again just as hard as it did the first time
                      Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                      Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                      sigpic

Comment

I have been following this thread and to be honest I've never used magic to try and get rid of memories... but what I suspect is this... you cannot forgive yourself for letting her make a fool of you. I'm not suggesting you should forgive her for one minute (actually I don't 'do' forgiveness terribly well). But the one person you really need to forgive is yourself. If you do, then you will be able to move on.

Only of course, forgiving ourselves is often the hardest thing of all. The reason you keep re-living times you were together is because your subconscious is possibly trying to show you, 'Look, don't blame yourself. At the time you could do nothing else, you had no choice.... you were misled. '

So personally, if you are going to do a ritual, do one of self-forgiveness. I don't know exactly how you like to perform rituals (mine tend to be very informal) but plan it out, and make a point of saying something like 'I acted this way only because I honestly believed XYZ. I can see now that I was wrong, that you weren't the person that I thought you were. But at the time I was fooled. And now I let all the blame and self loathing go [here I would do something symbolic like break a twig or rip up something ]. I let it go forever. I accept that I was wrong but I acted in good faith.'

Remember we all have 20/20 vision with hindsight.

And best of luck!
                        www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Working...
                        X