Psionic Vampires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Psionic Vampires

Does anyone believe in them? I've never considered the idea of an immortal/undead Vampire with superhuman strength and speed, who cannot walk in daylight and who lives off the blood of humans, to be anything more than an enjoyable story. But a person who can somehow drain the energy from another human being? That makes a twisted kind of sense.

I've practiced the Martial Arts for years, and many of them have the concept of a, "Life Force" such as Chi, Ki or Prana. Some systems have specific training exercises to increase or at least learn to control this energy. And some of the top "Internal" martial artists can perform exceptional feats of strength, speed and endurance.

So if this energy really does exist, is it possible that some people possess a Vampire-like need and ability to drain it from others? Perhaps through the Astral Plane?

Just putting it out there and would be very interested in other's views.

Happy Easter!

Re: Psionic Vampires

Yes, I've seen/felt it first hand actually. Some people need to and usually do it subconsciously, others gain control of it, its usually due to an abnormal energy on their part that they have to drain from nearby people. Some people don't need to but learn to anyway as part of their own energy workings Actually the person that I encountered in person like this we believe may be feeding off her ex through distance, while she has a restraining order on him (which is complete bs anyway) but thats a little more complicated...
    "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

So what does a Psi Vamp do with the energy once they've got it? Does it give their immune system a boost? And if so, could they heal themselves or even others with "stolen" energy?

Comment

Theres a psi vamp q and a thread floating around somewhere. Psi vamps need energy feeding to stabilize their own energy fields because their energy systems are unstable or "leaky". Psi vamps exist for a number of reasons, some are born with a flawed system based on something physical, extreme emotional stress, being fed on by another psi vamp, and nearly countless other reasons. In theory (and usually practice) psi vamps are very good at manipulating energy around them. Once they take care of their own needs they can use the energy they steal (I dislike that word) to do whatever they want, which could be healing.

Of course that's true of anyone. Anyone can learn to steal energy in the same manner as a psychic vampire and some do to give themselves a boost at other's expense. In the form of necromany I practice there's a specific branch dedicated to psi vamp like tendencies (in this manner a necromancer would use stolen energy to reverse the effects of death magic or corrupt it to make their hexes more powerful). We have a few *ahem* other psychic feeders floating around too.
        Circe

Comment

I believe someone can influence the energy/mood of another human, and I have seen this kind of 'psychic vamping' before. If someone I care about, calls me every single night for an hour or more, to moan about issues with their partner, how much they hate their ass, their worries about money, the girl at work who is 'such a bitch', then no matter how much I care about them, it will get me down and drain me over time. Online friendships seem to have a habit of going this way, even if the 'vamp' is perfectly rational offline.

People who actually gain sustanence from/need to feed off other people's energy? I have met people who claim this (i used to be the organiser of a local moot, so have met all kinds: even others as crazy as me!), but I saw no evidence of this. That's not to say I have any issue with people wanting to roleplay being a vampire. My 'normal' dress style is considered 'dress up' by a lot of folk, so I'm hardly in a position to judge. I just haven't seen any evidence of this being anym ore than fantasy in the mind of the practitioner.
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

When I first started to "play" with Magick and energy I met someone who was a psi vamp, he learned he could take energy from others and got addicted to the way it made him feel. He taught me how to use that ability, and how to turn that energy to use in spells and a few other things. So in short yes there are people who enjoy "feeding" off others energy and the worse the person feels the easier it is to drain their energy.

Comment

Working...
            X