Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point does a person stop being Wiccan and become something else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: At what point does a person stop being Wiccan and become something else?

Originally posted by -JT- View Post
    I kind of relate. I actually still enjoy attending Christian rituals. You know, at the moment I sort of consider myself a "liturgical Wiccan", because the pagan group I'm a member of celebrates the Wheel of the Year rituals, like a Catholic who enjoys the ritual and attends Mass but doesn't really believe in what the priest says. I like the fact Wicca has clear cut practices and rituals because I enjoy the community of celebrating them en masse...when people get together and celebrate a sabbat, practicing certain things in unison, believing certain things about what is being done...the mass participation does give it its own spiritual power. But the very clear cut-ness that allows this is what really prevents me from believing in it on the deepest levels.

Paganism tends to appeal to individualistic people and we live in a very "follow your own guidance" age. I'm no exception to that tendency. So it might be hard for a lot of people to consider themselves Wiccans in the technical sense. But let's not forget the fact a lot of Catholics don't really believe in everything the church teaches either, and still consider themselves Catholics.

Personally I very much like the idea of celebrating a ritual en masse but everyone putting their own subjective meaning into it, if that makes any sense. It's the closest I can think of to getting the best of both worlds.
    Well put JT!
    Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Working...
    X