Secret Service Sex Scandal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secret Service Sex Scandal

oooh! the alliteration there is awesomen!

Anyhoo..

...maybe its the Navy thing (I've never been in a foreign port where prostitution *wasn't* legal and people *didn't* go for it), but I'm totally not seeing why its such a big deal. Seriously...paying to get some isn't necessarily a breech in security. And prostitution is really (IMO) only morally reprehensible if it involves human trafficing, and morally ambiguous if the john is married and wifey doesn't know what he's up to and has the expectation of marital fidelity.

So...is any actually *horrified* by this?

I mean...I can find much better news to be *horrified* by...
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: Secret Service Sex Scandal

I agree. Unless there are missing factors not stated, I don't think the president was in any danger. But, of course, I don't find anything morally wrong with prostitution in the first place.

I said something similar about Clinton.

Comment

Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

These were prostitutes in Columbia. A country that is one of the MAJOR sources for sex trafficking of women and children. This place is a hub for sex trafficking to other latin countries. I highly doubt these 'prostitutes' were just women wanting to get their groove on. So yeah. I'm sorta pissed.
        sauce

Prostitution in most of the world is not an empowering choice for a woman.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          These were prostitutes in Columbia. A country that is one of the MAJOR sources for sex trafficking of women and children. This place is a hub for sex trafficking to other latin countries. I highly doubt these 'prostitutes' were just women wanting to get their groove on. So yeah. I'm sorta pissed.
          sauce

This. Prostitution as a choice tends to be a developed nation thing, sadly.
          my etsy store
          My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
          surrounded by plush, downy things,
          ill prepared, but willing,
          to descend."

Comment

Interesting thing is Prostitution is legal in Columbia,and the trouble started because the Secret service guys disputed paying what was the going rate. The Woman then spoke to police about being cheated of her money..Blame it all on some really cheap guys.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm certainly not shocked by it at all. Maybe a little amused. I guess for me, it's more of a reaction of, "if you dudes were going to do this, couldn't you just pay your hookers and keep it quiet, like any other business trip?".
              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Ive heard nothing about this. Can I get a link?

Knowing nothing about this- I don't think prostitution is a bad thing myself, unless someone is being forced to. Otherwise it just seems like any other service to me. It's also one of the world's oldest professions and isn't going to go away anytime soon.
                Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                  Ive heard nothing about this. Can I get a link?

Knowing nothing about this- I don't think prostitution is a bad thing myself, unless someone is being forced to. Otherwise it just seems like any other service to me. It's also one of the world's oldest professions and isn't going to go away anytime soon.
                  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1447616.html Enjoy.
                  Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

thanks

Okay, big deal is? the urinating on corpses thing it talks about at the bottom seems more dunno, care-making?
                    Circe

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                      oooh! the alliteration there is awesomen!

Anyhoo..

...maybe its the Navy thing (I've never been in a foreign port where prostitution *wasn't* legal and people *didn't* go for it), but I'm totally not seeing why its such a big deal. Seriously...paying to get some isn't necessarily a breech in security. And prostitution is really (IMO) only morally reprehensible if it involves human trafficing, and morally ambiguous if the john is married and wifey doesn't know what he's up to and has the expectation of marital fidelity.

So...is any actually *horrified* by this?

I mean...I can find much better news to be *horrified* by...
                      I fail to see a reason for all the hub-bub, I don't really care.
                      Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                        sauce

Yeah agreed. If it was Berlin or Amsterdam, I don't think it would be a huge issue because it's legal, more strictly regulated and the women in the legal brothels are doing it by choice (there are still illegal establishments going on though, and that would be a different story).

I also kind of take issue to prostitution in work-related settings. There were a couple of cases here of bonuses being awarded to employees and that "bonus" being a holiday including a brothel. Of course in Germany management is still such a sexist 'boys club' and it's hard for women to get to the top, and this kind of attitude totally reflects that. Few women were at the top of those companies rosters, and the few who were obviously didn't get a bonus as the bonus that was given out wasn't friendly to both male and female employees.

Comment

From everything I've read and seen prostitution is legal in Columbia. The whole stink arouse supposedly because one of the "johns" refused to pay the women eight-hundred dollars for services rendered and he offered her only thirty dollars instead. My understanding is this is(in Columbia) an excepted line of work that is used by some women to supplement their income. Some of woman that did this type of work had very typical jobs like office workers and even teachers. It is sad that this should be necessary for them to do so, but it would seem that it was by choice and not something they were made to do.

Ducks behind a large rock.
                          Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

I think it's still an issue in a work context. It's very unprofessional. Like, the cases over here were in countries where it was legal (like Hungary) and it's legal in this country as well, but I think for a work related trip it's highly unprofessional. If you're going to do that, save it for your personal time.

Comment

Working...
                            X