This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tarot Q&A

I would love if we could do that. I have a little pile of things gathered that would be much better in someone else's hands than in my own.

So I don't totally divert this thread, let me ask a question: Where do you (general you) keep your decks? Do you keep them in the box they come in, or another, special box, or do you make (or buy) a special bag for them?
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
      I would love if we could do that. I have a little pile of things gathered that would be much better in someone else's hands than in my own.

So I don't totally divert this thread, let me ask a question: Where do you (general you) keep your decks? Do you keep them in the box they come in, or another, special box, or do you make (or buy) a special bag for them?
      I no longer use the Tarot. But when I did (and still do) keep them in a box I made. Well I bought a plain wooden box at a craft store. Then I painted and decorated it myself. Inside I keep a small satchel that carries the quartz and amethyst I used to help me with the readings.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Right now I keep mine in their boxes, since it lets them blend in on the bookshelf. Looking for the right fabric to jump out at me for some bags.
        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I keep my cards in a bag that I made, but I am currently searching for the right box to put them in. I'm also in the middle of making a new bag for them as I've kept them in the other one for over ten years and it's getting a little ruined now by the constant use!!

Comment

i have an antique silver box i found, all lined with red velvet i keep mine in.

and i would love to start a thread so we could read for the person above publicly- it is a great way to learn to read better, and get feedback on our interpretations

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
              As a note, though: originally the court cards were called King, Queen, Prince, and Princess in Tarot. What we're used to now was introduced by Waite.
              What I'm using now is the Marseilles, it was around long before Waite, and it doesn't have a "prince and princess", nor do the earliest known decks, the Visconti-Sforza. Where did you get your information?

- - - Updated - - -

As for deck recommendations, I can definitely recommend the Tarot de Marseilles to beginners. The minors are read by number and suit, it's actually much easier than RWS and RWS clones.

Comment

How often in a row do you use your cards in a setting?
                Do you use lots of different spreads? Any favorites? Do you make your own? Are they arbitrary?
                How much a knowledge of the occult do you really think is necessary in order to properly appreciate the symbolism, or do you think the divination comes from within (and if it does come from within, how then can we differentiate these symbols as anything other than our own personal desires/perspective?)
                No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

i just ordered a new tarot deck, (thoth deck by crowley) i cant wait to play with them

Comment

I'm going to be getting my first Tarot deck next month! I want to get this Mystic Faerie deck: http://www.amazon.com/Mystic-Faerie-...ic+fairy+tarot Do you think this would be a good beginner deck? I have basically zero experience in Tarot but I really want to give it a go

Comment

Originally posted by chris1987 View Post
                      I'm going to be getting my first Tarot deck next month! I want to get this Mystic Faerie deck: http://www.amazon.com/Mystic-Faerie-...ic+fairy+tarot Do you think this would be a good beginner deck? I have basically zero experience in Tarot but I really want to give it a go
                      I think that if you're just starting, any deck will do.

You'll start to get to know them and then you can see if they suit you after you put some time in with them. I got a deck that was prettier than it was informative, but it was a great way to get me to play with the cards, see? Once you read them a bit you'll see if you prefer something a bit lighter (like oracle/goddess/fairy cards) or if you want some serious shit - there are all kinds of decks for all kinds of desires.

Comment

My mom gave me her first tarot card deck and I've done a few readings. Every time it's spot on. Do you guys think that it's possible to just naturally be able to do tarot?

Comment

Does anyone get cards that constantly reoccur in their readings? Reading for myself and I pull the Queen of Swords more than any other card in my entire life -- certainly hoping that this simply regards my attitudes and personality and not that sorrow is simply going to be a recurring theme throughout my life.

Anyone else gets cards that find them incessantly?

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                            Does anyone get cards that constantly reoccur in their readings? Reading for myself and I pull the Queen of Swords more than any other card in my entire life -- certainly hoping that this simply regards my attitudes and personality and not that sorrow is simply going to be a recurring theme throughout my life.

I get QoS all the time too, along with the Queen of Cups. Last deck I bought actually had two QoS. Also I get The Star and Justice quite often.
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

*raised hand. I am actually the Queen of Swords. That's my personal card as a Libra. This card is a card of a thinker and critical person. One who has their concern in the skies and not of earthly direction. She wields a mask of wisdom in one hand and a sword of justice in the other.
                              commentary on Crowley'sThoth tarot deck, INtuitive use of the thoth

A very good interpretation of the card. Of course I'm coming from a perspective as a Tarot reader from the forbidden deck known as the Thoth deck produced by Aleister Crowley
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

This does happen to me a lot. I generally end up with suit cards frequently coming up that seem to represent certain people in my life at that time. When I was with my ex sometimes the Princess of Disks would appear, and eventually I came to learn that it was associated with her. haha I get a chill down my spine when it show up these days...

Comment

Working...
                                X