• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Matchbox Shrine - a PF swap

keep me informed too.

Comment

Huh. This got bumped, and judging by when the last post was...seems I totally forgot about it. I know it's too close to Christmas right now, but does anyone want to do another one of these post-Christmas?

Mostly art.

Comment

I think it sounds like fun, we should give it a shot...
        especially since it looks like it worked at least once!
        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

So, all that hectic crazy holiday stuff is out of the way. Anyone interested in another Matchbox swap? We could do one for Spring or Beltaine...

Mostly art.

Comment

I'd be down

Comment

I'm interested.
              Hearth and Hedge

Comment

So am I.

/10char

Comment

Cool, there's people into it.

Last time we did this, we did it secret santa style with a budget of $0 (excepting the matchbox and the postage), and it was up to the person to come up with a theme for their box based on who they got.

A long time back, the first time we started discussing doing this again, there was interest in making it a tiny budget (like $5-10 max) for people who don't have entire rooms dedicated to crafts.

This time around, and because of the time of year, I was thinking we could do a Spring-Themed box, with a budget of $10 (you can still make it for free if you'd like, but this lets people go out and buy paint, or paper, or whatever.) But I was thinking of adding the stipulation that you've got to go outside and use one thing you find in nature. It could be a tiny sprinkling of soil, or some sand, or a pebble, or a twig from a tree, or a feather, or a bone, or whatever. But your box has gotta include something natural (that won't decompose).

Whaddya guys think?

And I don't know what people's schedules are like, but it's just over a month to Spring Equinox. We could have that as a deadline, or later, depending on what you guys think.

Mostly art.

Comment

Sounds Like a plan, who is organising this thing?

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                      Sounds Like a plan, who is organising this thing?
                      That would be me. What we did last time, Maria, was to send all the addresses of the participants to me, and then I chose a third party who wasn't involved, to puts names in a hat and mail the name of your secret santa to you.

Mostly art.

Comment

So we all need to PM you our addresses? Ok like we did medusa at christmas/yule/solstice/festivus/winter holiday. Got it.

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Okay, since there is clearly interest, I'll set up some 'official' guidelines:

Submit to me your addresses, by March 4th, that's two weeks from today. At that point, I'll sort the names, and get someone third party to volunteer to Secret Santa us up (unless there isn't that many people participating, then...we'll figure something else out)

For the Matchbox:
                          - price limit of $10, excluding postage
                          - Spring-themed
                          - include one piece of nature (that won't decompose)

Feel free to be as creative as you want!

So... mail me your addresses, people!

Oh, and if anyone wants to volunteer to be the secret santa sorter, that'd be pretty awesome of you (stipulation: you have to not be building a matchbox)

Mostly art.

Comment

hehe, now I wanna start building one!...gotta wait, gotta wait, gotta wait...

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                              Oh, and if anyone wants to volunteer to be the secret santa sorter, that'd be pretty awesome of you (stipulation: you have to not be building a matchbox)
                              I don't have time to commit to this at the mo so am happy to be the sorter if you need me to
                              http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by shadow1982 View Post
                                I don't have time to commit to this at the mo so am happy to be the sorter if you need me to
                                Awesome! Thanks

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X