The Matchbox Shrine - a PF swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Matchbox Shrine - a PF swap

So, I'm looking to make myself a new shrine, and while browsing the interwebs, I stumbled across this website here: http://gomakesomething.com/ht/shrines/shrine-fill-book/

It's given me an idea. Matchboxes are cheap, small, and easy to mail - why don't we do a "shrine swap"? What does everyone think?

Mostly art.

Re: The Matchbox Shrine - a PF swap

Sounds like a pretty neat idea.
    Hearth and Hedge

Comment

I love the idea! I'd certainly be up for it once I get settled down after my move on Wednesday.

In addition to the "craftiness" aspect (which always attracts me,) I think it would be an interesting way to learn about other Paths and deities. I assume the participants would indicate who or what they'd like the Shrine they receive to represent? It would be interesting and enlightening to do the research on your partner's chosen theme or deity during the process!

Comment

Love it! I'm in if we do it!
        Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

That looks like fun - put me on the list, I'll play!

Would we pick what we want the shrine to be, or would it be the receiver's choice?

It might be fun if we just did a shrine according to our own lights then randomly swapped.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I love making matchbox shrines! I'm in!!!

Comment

I was worried no one would like this idea, haha!

[quote author=B. de Corbin link=topic=496.msg6952#msg6952 date=1288105128]
              It might be fun if we just did a shrine according to our own lights then randomly swapped.
              [/quote]

This is what I was thinking - organize it in a similar fashion to secret santa (once we have all the names, toss them in a random name generator - though I'm open to other suggestions in that fashion)

another thing I was thinking to impose a few restrictions, such as "Must be made out of supplies within your house" - with the obvious exception of having to buy a matchbox if you don't own any.

Mostly art.

Comment

I would like to participate too!
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Looks cool! If there's only a handful of people, we could also make a shrine for everyone. I've done quilting swaps where you make as many squares as there are people so everyone gets one square from each person. So right now 8 people are in - we each make 8 shrines (they could be the same/similar) and then everyone gets 8 different ones. Or we could have groups of 5 or something if more people want to be involved. Or of course, the secret santa way works too!
                  The Pagan Porch - a Pagan Homesteading forum

Sand Holler Farm Blog - aren't you just dying to know what I do all day?

Comment

That sounds cool, too, Madness. I'd be into that.

sigpic

Comment

I'd be interested in this, too...but with the holidays coming up, I won't have the energy to do this *and* the card swap, and keep on top of holiday stuff if we have to do more then one.
                      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I love it! I'm in.

Comment

volcaniclastic
                          Gardenia?
                          WaldWesen
                          cesara
                          B. de Corbin
                          Raphaeline
                          Medusa
                          Madness
                          DanieMarie

Is that who we have so far?

(It also might be worth mentioning that shipping is going to cost more out of the U.S.)

Comment

I am outside the US, but I'd be willing to have it shipped to an in-US friend or family member to save on shipping (also I knew I'd be paying to ship outside my country).

Comment

I am willing to ship internationally.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X