The Matchbox Shrine - a PF swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Matchbox Shrine - a PF swap

I'd like to play in this if it's ok being outside the USA, I'm in England. Would it just be the small standard size match boxes?

Comment

[quote author=Raphaeline link=topic=496.msg7216#msg7216 date=1288182932]Gardenia?[/quote]

I'm in, depending on how many we're making... I could do a few, but I don't think I could manage eight or however many we have now.
      Hearth and Hedge

Comment

I think it would be cool!

somehow I missed this...

but if there are so many...what about doing it like a secret santa?

we can all send addresses to someone (not participating)who can then draw names from a hat and pm them their assigned person and address.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

[quote author=WaldWesen link=topic=496.msg7246#msg7246 date=1288189937]
          I am outside the US, but I'd be willing to have it shipped to an in-US friend or family member to save on shipping (also I knew I'd be paying to ship outside my country).
          [/quote]

Same, and Deutsche Post isn't very expensive anyway.

Comment

[quote author=Raphaeline link=topic=496.msg7216#msg7216 date=1288182932]

(It also might be worth mentioning that shipping is going to cost more out of the U.S.)
            [/quote]

they are pretty small though, I would think (having mailed odd things just to see if I could...like a paper towel post card) it wouldn't be that much more than a regular letter (depending on how heavy you made it...
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

[quote author=thalassa link=topic=496.msg7362#msg7362 date=1288210398]
              I think it would be cool!

somehow I missed this...

but if there are so many...what about doing it like a secret santa?

we can all send addresses to someone (not participating)who can then draw names from a hat and pm them their assigned person and address.
              [/quote]

I'm in if we end up doing it this way.
              Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Yeah I think once it's more than a handful or so, we should either split into groups to make multiple ones or just do single ones. I'm up for either option. I hate to admit, but this idea has been the highlight of my week (ah, the joys of parenthood and having no life). I've thought of all sorts of ways this could be done - themes, groups, individual, blah, blah, blah. I think it could be a really cool 'establishment' of the forum even - something that occurs regularly.

Sounds like a good idea to just do singles for the first time around to make sure there is enough interest and to see how it works out.

If you haven't noticed...I'm desperate for a creative outlet and a little contact with the outer world!
                The Pagan Porch - a Pagan Homesteading forum

Sand Holler Farm Blog - aren't you just dying to know what I do all day?

Comment

I don't ship things out of the country often enough to really know what the cost differences are XD I just knew there WAS a difference!

I like the idea of doing just one for now, too, although I can deal either way as long as it's no more than groups of three or four

Comment

I also prefer to just have one (secret santa style) - as much as I would love to make 8-10-12 matchbox shrines, I don't want to receive that many (what would I do with them? One is cute, 12 is clutter)

So that this doesn't interfere with the Christmas cards...

If you want to join, I need to be informed by November 1st! If you decide to join after that date, you won't be accepted. Also, if you could all PM me with your mailing information, once I collected it, it will be given to a trusted member of the forum who is NOT participating (Volunteers welcome ) and ask Thal said, they will write our names down, draw 'em out of a hat, and then PM us individually with the "secret santa" name.

Does having them finished and mailed off by November 20th work for everyone?

Mostly art.

Comment

Nov 20th can work. Being that we get the name of who we are making it for shortly after Nov 1 though.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm afraid I won't be able to make it by the 20th - NaNoWriMo will take up my time in November - but if it works for everyone else I can wait until next time.

Comment

Would Dec. 10 be too late? I'm doing Nano, too, though I was prepared to do both (and I also start a Psyc course Nov 1!) as this would be a 'release' project....something to 'get away' from the rest of 'life'...haha.....but maybe I'm being overly-optimistic??

Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

[quote author=cesara link=topic=496.msg7605#msg7605 date=1288276322]
                            Would Dec. 10 be too late? I'm doing Nano, too, though I was prepared to do both (and I also start a Psyc course Nov 1!) as this would be a 'release' project....something to 'get away' from the rest of 'life'...haha.....but maybe I'm being overly-optimistic??
                            [/quote]

We can - I just didn't want it to pile up with the Christmas Card sharing. But if December 10th works better for everyone...?

Mostly art.

Comment

I'm fine with whatever time frame (i.e. I have nothing going on in my life besides work and baby...)
                              The Pagan Porch - a Pagan Homesteading forum

Sand Holler Farm Blog - aren't you just dying to know what I do all day?

Comment

I think the 10th would be fine.
                                Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Working...
                                X