Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Matchbox Shrine - a PF swap

[quote author=WaldWesen link=topic=496.msg9143#msg9143 date=1288689824]
    On quick point of clarification- are people using the tiny matchboxes or the larger sort? The link didn't have much to go by for a size comparison (as I'm not sure how big the coin in the Asian one was.) It's the little, wee sort right?
    [/quote]

Yes, little matchboxes.

[quote author=B. de Corbin link=topic=496.msg9164#msg9164 date=1288704937]
    I hope so - I'm half done, and that's what I've used...
    [/quote]

Half done?! Names are even going to be distributed for another week!

Mostly art.

Comment

Well... I got excited...
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I have some ideas for mine but I have to see who I get first...

Comment

Same here.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I am with you Corbin ... I just ordered one from ebay ... Sorry ... I didn't have one laying around the house ... But the rest of it I have ... Already got the stuff layed out on the table ... Ready for the mail to arrive ...
            I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

If anyone else is interested in participating, you have ONE MORE WEEK to send me your information. The deadline is November 10th.

Mostly art.

Comment

Having a hard time finding matchboxes. I am thinking of ordering from here:
                click me
                Anyone else have ideas of where to go? I looked online at Micheal's craft store. No luck. Though I am going to go down in person and see. Then I though

Comment

Ebay has a nice selecion ... I love Ebay ... 8)
                  I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

[quote author=magusjinx link=topic=496.msg9755#msg9755 date=1288820491]
                    Ebay has a nice selecion ... I love Ebay ... 8)
                    [/quote]
                    I'm scurred of ebay. Last night I was on there I got 40 pins of Nin. I went a bit crazy :P

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=496.msg9747#msg9747 date=1288820061]
                      Having a hard time finding matchboxes. I am thinking of ordering from here:
                      click me
                      Anyone else have ideas of where to go? I looked online at Micheal's craft store. No luck. Though I am going to go down in person and see. Then I though
                      [/quote]

Seriously? I get mine at my grocery store (Kaisers, Germany's biggest chain....so big they own A&P in the US) and buy a pack of like 20 of them for 2 Euro. I've had the same pack for like 4 years, so I'll just use one of the empties.

But really....you can't get matches in boxes there?

Comment

[quote author=DanieMarie link=topic=496.msg9778#msg9778 date=1288825914]
                        Seriously? I get mine at my grocery store (Kaisers, Germany's biggest chain....so big they own A&P in the US) and buy a pack of like 20 of them for 2 Euro. I've had the same pack for like 4 years, so I'll just use one of the empties.

But really....you can't get matches in boxes there?
                        [/quote]
                        OMG. I am so dumb. I've been looking for hobby matchboxes. Never thought to just go to the market where they sell matches. Thanks for reminder.

*I don't smoke so I had no idea to think of this. :P

Comment

Medusa, the dollar store here has little matchboxes! So check there, too!
                          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I was just about to post "Why don't go just go to Canadian Tire" and realized....well.....that's a Canadian thing. :-[

Yes, Home Depot should have them, too.
                            Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

[quote author=cesara link=topic=496.msg9812#msg9812 date=1288832278]
                              I was just about to post "Why don't go just go to Canadian Tire" and realized....well.....that's a Canadian thing. :-[

Yes, Home Depot should have them, too.
                              [/quote]

Heh...Canadian Tire is where I got mine.

Mostly art.

Comment

Home Depot! Good idea too. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X