Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Make-up! and all things beauty!

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    So I made my first trip to Ulta the other day. Had no idea it was down the street from my work! I had a $3.50 off a $10 coupon and purchased some new eyeshadows. This was one of the first looks I did with it. Still getting used to wearing a bright eye color. Even though I swear I put a ton of make-up on, it just looks like I don't have any. :=L:

Let's see products used:
    ~Pond's moisterizer
    ~Monistat Chaging Gel as primer
    ~Maybelline Dream Smooth Mouse for dry skin
    ~E.L.F. duo blush/bronzer
    ~Ulta Honeybee yellow
    ~Ulta Mimosa orange
    ~Nyx jumbo eye pencil in copper
    ~ Wet N Wild eye pencil in black
    ~Maybelline noir mascara
    ~E.L.F matte lip pencil in praline
    ~Wet N Wild lipstick in Coral
    ~Ulta Nourishing Lip Color in Rose Garnet

A ton of product to make it look like, yeah, I just wake up like this. I have great skin. No sun spots, blemishes or discolorations. Nah.
    Medusa, you look awesome You just look so confident.

Thought I wouldn't call that a bright eyeshadow! I wear similar to that everyday and consider it 'natural' haha. For me bright is like, purple, or green. It suits you well
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Well it was brighter for me. Though I think this was the orangish day. I do have a honeybee bright yellow. I''m afraid to go all bright. I have bad flashback of my 80's day glo eyeshadow.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I haven't tried this but i would love to try it once.

Comment

For natural lightening-y ideas, go for like a copper/bronze/white gold shadow, it will look fantastic against your skin. My usual colours are browns, fading into coppers, fading into white golds at the inner crease.
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I love makeup! I actually have a beauty blog that I opened last year but I kinda abandoned it. I'll try to post pics when I can.
            :^^: My Spiritual Journey blog: An Eclectic Wonderland :^^:

Comment

Any good and not too expensive foundation primers out there? I have liquid foundation that I need to stay on for a long time.^^

Comment

I've got a question. What's up with eyebrow plucking? Why do you women do it? I've never done it, and I think I would look silly if I did.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                  I've got a question. What's up with eyebrow plucking? Why do you women do it? I've never done it, and I think I would look silly if I did.
                  Uniformity. Not everyone's grows exactly even, or at the same length. That's my guess at least cause screw that noise. Did it for my wedding because family insisted to clean up my image and I'm never doing that crap again. Waaay too much pain that close to my eyes for something as silly as that
                  Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                  Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                  sigpic

Comment

I prefer not to have an unibrow.
                    "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Vigdisdotter View Post
                      I prefer not to have an unibrow.
                      Would you otherwise have a unibrow, or are you insinuating that women who don't pluck all must have unibrows?

And man, unibrows are awesome. Have you SEEN Frida Kahlo?

Mostly art.

Comment

Would you otherwise have a unibrow
                        Yes, I would. Just list my mother did. Gotta love genetics.

Why are you getting hostile over my making a choice for myself?
                        "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Would you otherwise have a unibrow, or are you insinuating that women who don't pluck all must have unibrows?

Frida Kahlo was awesome... Thankfully she had more going for her than her unibrow. :P Unibrows are still ugly.

Comment

I would not otherwise have a unibrow, I just like the feeling of pulling out my hairs. I just control myself and limit it to the scraggly ones under what little natural arch I have.

Yeah, I'm weird and I know it.
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

I stopped plucking my brows years ago. And they just stopped growing. I don't pluck anymore. I never over plucked them either. They just stay naturally thin. I wish I had a bit more brow.
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I do more than pluck. I wax my eyebrows once every ten weeks and keep them neat by plucking them. It's not for anyone else's benefit, but for my own. It really freaks me out when I have stray hairs around my eyes. It really does bother my OCD quite a bit, and it always has.
                                Maybe I'm alone in my reasoning though :P x
                                "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Working...
                                X