Make-up! and all things beauty!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Make-up! and all things beauty!

I've used a diy scrub of olive oil, honey and sugar. It's amazing. But you have to just make a bit because it can go bad. Rub it on, then rinse. It's great! Usually if you put a few drops of an oil while in the shower, the water allows it to glide on thinly.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Ladies and girls,
      in my opinion you don't need makeup to be beautiful. True beauty shines from the inside out. I have seen some good looking women who were ugly through and through. Most of the women I have known were beautiful all the way through. Not all of them were pretty to look at but I loved them for their beauty.
      I proposed to my current wife before I ever saw her or a picture of her. We met on the internet and progressed to phone conversations. I asked her all the questions I ask prospective spouses in premarital couseling and I knew that we would be married forever. One of my friends asked, "what if she is fat and has three arms? My response was, " It won't matter because she is beautiful."
      The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
      I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

We know. It's our hobby. Wearing make up doesn't mean we think ourselves ugly. Make up is like a pair of earrings. It's just something nice we like.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

As you should be able to do,I myself have decided at this time to do the chillax and just be oh so cool and get right into the spirit of the beat.(Old beatnik)
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

That's a nice thing to say, but let me explain.

Personally, wearing make up, doing my hair, and dressing well makes me feel powerful. It's not about attracting a man, it's about feeling confident.

Sometimes I wear a tiara. And no, I'm not a little girl. I'm 27. I do it because I like it :-)

And sometimes silly lipstick colours and bright eye shadow is just for fun, or like painting, using our faces as a canvas. It's just another medium to express art. It actually has very little to do with hiding our imperfections anymore.

Good skin care is simply a good idea. All people should do it. Skin is an organ, and our first line of defence against disease. Taking care of it isn't just about keeping wrinkles away, it's about keeping the organ healthy, supple, and strong. Bad skin care can lead to skin diseases, and discomfort.
            She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

So,this is why you should never try to sway the ladies,these are STRONG women,and I think they might have things handled...
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I like strong women. They still appreciate a door being opened and having a man stand when they come to the table. I like it most when a strong woman - well that is best left for a different forum.
                The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

My body is my canvas and my temple.

Sometimes I want it decorated, sometimes I want it worshiped.

Either way, its for me...unless I'm feeling generous.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by October View Post
                    That's a nice thing to say, but let me explain.

Personally, wearing make up, doing my hair, and dressing well makes me feel powerful. It's not about attracting a man, it's about feeling confident.

Sometimes I wear a tiara. And no, I'm not a little girl. I'm 27. I do it because I like it :-)

And sometimes silly lipstick colours and bright eye shadow is just for fun, or like painting, using our faces as a canvas. It's just another medium to express art. It actually has very little to do with hiding our imperfections anymore.

Good skin care is simply a good idea. All people should do it. Skin is an organ, and our first line of defence against disease. Taking care of it isn't just about keeping wrinkles away, it's about keeping the organ healthy, supple, and strong. Bad skin care can lead to skin diseases, and discomfort.
                    Love this post! It's more or less my feelings too, just swap 'tiara' for 'kitty ears'. Okay, so I don't wear them outside anymore (I have done though), but every now and then, just for fun, I like to wear them around the house.. just for me!

As to the comments about women not needing makeup to be beautiful, I actually didn't take care of my appearance or do much with my makeup when my self-esteem was at its lowest. If it were true that women wear make-up to look beautiful, I'd have troweled it on surely? Makeup is for accentuating our best features and drawing the eye to the beauty that is already there. If you have body dysmorphic disorder, other than using concealer to hide your worst bits, you don't really see the point in using makeup, because there's no natural beauty to accentuate. Makeup then just draws the eye of the on-looker to your hideous face.

I'll never think I'm cosmetically beautiful. We can't all be, that's just how the world is, but I have much more confidence now, and especially owe it to my body to show it some love for keeping me healthy despite years of excessive dieting, self harm and a suicide attempt I'm extremely lucky to have survived.

So yeah, I'm going to keep on using olive oil on my face and body, keep my hair and nails trimmed, eyebrows plucked and body well-fed. Because I actually DO take pride in my body these days, and I have enough self-confidence to believe I DO deserve to wear a pretty lipstick, and a bit of mascara.
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Oh, no.. double posting!!! Sorry.

I had to swing by and update though. I think I've discovered another effect of the olive oil. The shadows under my eyes have almost entirely gone now! It could be that I've been off for a week and a half so better rested than usual, although being off work has never made a difference in the past. I'm back at work now, so I guess I'll know for sure in a week or two. I've also already had it confirmed by a colleague that my skin looks great. This lovely oil has taken a good year or two off me. Very happy!
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
                      X