This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Vs Planned Parenthood

So this isn't about ABORTIONS yay or nay. It's more about law. State Vs Federal.

Texas State law is/has cut state funding to Planned Parenthood. I read the article and I realize the Pro Life people are behind this push. But I'm not sure we are thinking far enough ahead. What happens when women who are in need of female health care (which is MOSTLY contraception and NOT abortions) find they can't get female health care? Well then guess what goes up? Abortions. I NEVER understand the mentality of thinking taking away something from a people in need helps the people in need. Hey that man over there looks to be drowning! Well let's send him an anchor.

Anywho your thoughts?
    mcsauce
    Satan is my spirit animal

Re: Texas Vs Planned Parenthood

My thoughts? Repubs are idiots. Texan Repubs are brain dead.
    Potius mori quam foedari!

Comment

I can't even make an intelligent post about this. I'm so mad about what is going on in this state with this crap. I know this is a debate but really, all I can say is "WTF" to the people that are withdrawing funds from a place meant to stop unplanned pregnancy AND THUS REDUCE ABORTIONS. Are they seriously so blind? Arg...can't even put proper thoughts together...
      The Pagan Porch - a Pagan Homesteading forum

Sand Holler Farm Blog - aren't you just dying to know what I do all day?

Comment

First we take your vaginal rights away ladies (or defund them), then we take your voting rights...
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

All I can say is...ughhhh.....

Comment

Planned Parenthood got me the check-ups that my family never gave me and I don't have insurance. I've never been pregnant, never had an abortion. Just by walking into the facility though, I feel like everyone's eyes are on me and I'm a whore for using this service that happens to be cheap and keeps me healthy. It seems that most Pro-Life people miss the name of 'Planned' Parenthood. All they see is women sleeping around and getting rid of their 'mistakes' and therefore a great resource should be banished. The narrow minded shouldn't be in power.

Comment

I'm afraid nothing can cure the ignorance some people have.

Comment

Less than 2% of Planned Parenthood's services include abortion, most of which takes place in specialized facilities completely separate from your average clinic.

Sweet, Texans got what they wanted-a bunch of sick, pregnant people and more children pushed into foster homes or living in poverty.
                Please disregard typos in above post. I browse the web on a Nook and i suck at typing on touch screens.

Comment

Originally posted by willowulf View Post
                  Just by walking into the facility though, I feel like everyone's eyes are on me and I'm a whore for using this service that happens to be cheap and keeps me healthy.
                  I had to stop going to the clinic that did abortions. Yes, I've been going to Planned Parenthood for birth control since I was 18 (now 32...two planned pregnancies, no abortions). You had to stand behind the bullet proof glass, shover your ID through the slot to make sure you were there for an appt, then be patted down by the security person. I couldn't handle the stress and switched clinics. Ugh.
                  The Pagan Porch - a Pagan Homesteading forum

Sand Holler Farm Blog - aren't you just dying to know what I do all day?

Comment

To my knowledge Planned Parenthood is not even allowed to use their funds for abortions.. so why pull their funding? Because men in power (republican or not) seem to want women who are subservient, barefoot in the kitchen or in the bedroom making babies.

I went to Planned Parenthood when I was a teen for birth control pills and condoms. Glad to say here in Michigan they are still around, but who knows for how long...
                    sigpic

Comment

Our planned parenthood facilities are still around and active from what I know (Iowa) but on just about any odd day you can see people outside protesting with those pictures of late term fetuses that have practically been torn apart (which from what I know is illegal these days). It's disturbing and likely keeps a lot of people who could use the help away. It makes me angry. That the government is basically stopping Planned Parenthood is even more irritating. I have really been considering moving to Texas, for the climate, closeness to the Gulf, friends/family down there, but I hadn't really considered their political climate, which is something I'll really have to consider.
                      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I live in Texas. Everyone woman I've ever seen go to these places are flat broke and just need the birthcontrol. They don't go to get abortions but to keep mistakes from happening. Take that away and you just end up with a higher adoption and abortion rates - neither are really good since it could have been prevented. The people running my state are idiots.

However, sitting at our computers debating the issue isn't a good way to get anything done. If you are on the side of the Planned Parenthood, please sign the below petitions.

Mitt Romney has vowed to end Planned Parenthood. Tell him to knock off the attacks on women's health! (25915 signatures on petition)

In an admirable fight to stop the war on women, eight Planned Parenthood organizations are suing the state of Texas for excluding (31 signatures on petition)

Comment

If you move to Texas, live in Austin. It's the most liberal city in the state, and it's just an awesome place to live.
                          "All four winds blow steady, singing 'hie, the open road is home!'"
                          http://hagstones.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Abhainn View Post
                            If you move to Texas, live in Austin. It's the most liberal city in the state, and it's just an awesome place to live.
                            My neighbors upstairs are trying to talk me into moving to Austin. lol

Comment

You said it when you said "let's give the drowning man an anchor!" (paraphrase), Medusa.

As a libertarian who believes that all drugs, prostitution, and every other facet of TRULY OWNING YOUR OWN FUCKING BODY should be legalized...I'm really at a loss. Soooooooo, the problem is abortions, CLEARLY, because every "whore" walking in and out of PP is some diseased harlot who throws her privates around like a petri dish and then decides to ruthlessly murder her unborn child because she is full of nothing but malice and contempt for the "natural way of life." Which is of COURSE staying abstinent until marriage, which will be to a Baptist virgin male.

-facepalm-

However, to truly answer the question, I prefer the state to have control over this issue. If someone is really hyped up about it they can always move to a new state. Moving to a new country is not always an option, nor is it a simple fix. Then again, I prefer states to have control over MOST issues because I'm also a bit of a Federalist and think the Federal Government should tax us, protect the borders, and raise a bitchin' army (in CASE we need to war, not SO WE CAN).
                              No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Working...
                              X