Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone worship near-middle eastern deities Pagans here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone worship near-middle eastern deities Pagans here?

So anyone here worship middle eastern/near eastern deities or follow pagan religions?

I know there is caananitepath - natib qatish

I assume there are modern persian, kurdish, yeizdi, Chaledean/Assyrian ( Mesopotamian. These people still exist)
    sects out there.

In terms of Arabs (only bits and pieces so far, i know of) and aramaics ( never heard)

ets not forget Coptic/Egyptian, Hebrew, Berber ( peoples of north africa) as well. and other near eastern groups as well.

Anyone?
    Last edited by greenhead; 14 May 2012, 22:28.

Re: Anyone worship near-middle eastern deities Pagans here?

Ancient Egypt, while African, is also considered Near East. It falls under both.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

Pre-Abrahamic Persia would be Zoroastrian and to my knowledge there's one Zoroastrian floating around PF. I couldn't tell you who pre-dates them in that region.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Egypt is the only thing that constitutes for me. I forever associate Sumerian faith with theistic satanism since they tend to reference the myths most often.
        Circe

Comment

While I was researching and searching for my path, I lingered around Near Eastern paganism for some time, so it's of interest to me.

I know there's a Canaanite pagan around here somewhere.
          If you want to be thought intelligent, just agree with everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
            Egypt is the only thing that constitutes for me. I forever associate Sumerian faith with theistic satanism since they tend to reference the myths most often.
            Why? It's not a bad thing, it's just that the Sumerian and Semitic polytheist religions are so similar that they're just short of being abrahamic faiths. In fact, their names for God/gods and their stories are nearly identical.

I can see working an Igigi-based religion in that idea. But the only thing I've seen was Joy of Satan, and they equate Enki/Ea with Satan, in which Ea, is etymologically connected to Yah/Yahweh. Which makes for an interesting twist.
            I was Hadad2008 when I joined Feb 2008.
            I became Abdishtar this spring.
            Then, after the Great Crash, I was reborn as Spartacandream!

Comment

Working...
            X