Western Astrology Charts, Questions, and all around Fun Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Western Astrology Charts, Questions, and all around Fun Times

-facepalm- wow.....i feel really stupid >.> Of all the knowledge i possess, i completely forgot about that....thanks Bjorn

Comment

What do you make of Ophiuchus, the "new" astrological sign?

Comment

Originally posted by Adosia View Post
        What do you make of Ophiuchus, the "new" astrological sign?
        Nothing. I don't buy it. My moon is in Capricorn, so I'm more of a traditional sort when it comes to these. Yes, I am aware that the universe is constantly expanding and that eventually there'll be room for a new one. But... that's not my cup of tea.
        No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

I have one more small question, with the moon and sun changing signs, does the moon make a pass through all the signs before the sun changes to the next sign (as it seems to me)?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelRusso View Post
            I have one more small question, with the moon and sun changing signs, does the moon make a pass through all the signs before the sun changes to the next sign (as it seems to me)?
            Ooooh, this is a great question! This will give me a chance to speak of "personal planets" and then the outer ones.

To answer your question, yes. Mathematically, the moon spends about 2.5 days in each sign. 2.5 x 12 = 30, so that means that the moon cycles through each sign in about a month with a few days of rollover depending on how many days the month has and when the transitions are (as in, the moon could still be in Leo as the month changes so that it straddles it). I hope that makes sense.

Personal Planets

We all know that the further away from the sun the planets get, the longer their journey around it takes. In astrology, the planets that take the least amount of time to orbit the sun are considered "personal planets." They're the ones that have the most impact on you as the individual, while the outer planets have more to say about generations of people. The orbits are as follows:

Sun: around a month
            Moon: 2.5 days
            Ascendant/Rising Sign: 2 hours or so
            Mercury: 15 days or so
            Venus: 30 days or so
            Mars: 30 days or so

You can see how these would say a bit more about you as opposed to the planets that follow. The closer the planets are (see how limited the ascendant's time window is?), the more they say about you (according to astrology).

Outer Planets

Jupiter: 6 months to a year
            Saturn: about 2 years
            Uranus: 7-8 years
            Neptune: about 14 years
            Pluto: 20 years

Some people do not consider Jupiter's orbit to be long enough to name it an outer planet, but I figure anything that takes more than a month is talking about a great deal more people than the others, so I lump it in there. Amongst the outer planets, it is indeed the most personal. But Pluto, sheesh! 20 years? So you see, it's not exactly a planet that's going to reveal deep secrets about yourself, but it IS a planet that will reveal deep secrets and tendencies of the generation of people you were born in.

For example, most people around my age were born when Pluto was in Scorpio. Pluto rules Scorpio (see my other bulk post if you want to know more about what that means) so its power is incredibly strong. Being that Pluto is a sign of great power, subconscious, and that Scorpio is a sign of death, rebirth, sex, mystery and control one can look and see what happened over this scope of time. (For the next points, I am referencing something I learned in "The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need" and cannot take credit for these thoughts, as much as I'd like to) In this time we saw the Berlin wall come down (death and rebirth), test tube babies, highest outbreak of HIV and AIDS (death and sex), etc. Interesting, no? So it DOES have meaning if you decide to look for it, but these outer planets are going to tell you about the TIMES, not the individual so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
              I have a few books on this so if you can't get to what they mean it's fine by me. Also, I know an astrologer in Lawrence if you'd like to speak with him. I don't recall if he still teaches, but I can ask him. Anyway...

Date: 8/11/83
              Place: Kansas City, Missouri
              Time: 10:18 PM
              Thanks! I'd love to network with anyone!

Sun: Leo
              Moon: Libra
              Ascendant: Aries
              Mercury: Virgo
              Venus: Virgo
              Mars: Cancer
              Jupiter: Sagittarius
              Saturn: Libra
              Uranus: Sagittarius
              Neptune: Sagittarius
              Pluto: Libra

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

Originally posted by Arneci View Post
              Birth Date and Year: April 17, 1990
              Place of Birth: Baltimore, MD
              Time of Birth (if you have it - this helps me find your ascendant): 4:16 a.m.
              Sun: Aries
              Moon: Capricorn
              Ascendant: Pisces
              Mercury: Taurus
              Venus: Pisces
              Mars: Aquarius
              Jupiter: Cancer
              Saturn: Capricorn
              Uranus: Capricorn
              Neptune: Capricorn
              Pluto: Scorpio

Comment

Masculine vs. Feminine

The signs are also divided up further into masculine and feminine energies.

FIRE and AIR signs are masculine.
                EARTH and WATER signs are feminine.

Okay...so WTF does that mean?

These signs have nothing at all to do with how macho one is or anything like that. Another way to think of it is yin vs yang, where yin is the more subtle, dark, unseen force and yang is the seen, manifested, obvious. You can also think VERY LOOSELY of tendencies towards introversion or extroversion (but those are terms VERY much so based on the individual and not so much on the sign).

Masculine signs are described as more active, less intuitive, spiritual, and are associated with the day.
                Feminine signs are described as being less active, more intuitive, emotionally deep, and are associate with the night.

I find it interesting, however, that EARTH and AIR signs are the signs most concerned with practicality, reason, and logic whereas FIRE and WATER signs are signs of passion, emotions, feelings.

Comment

Working...
                X