Books on Pantheism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Books on Pantheism

Does anyone know of any good books on the subject of Pantheism? I've looked around but there seems to be very little available, that I've been able to find at least.
    "Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..."

Re: Books on Pantheism

The World Pantheist Movement's reading list:

You can either click on categories to jump to books sorted by religious/cultural influence, or just scroll down to see the list in its entirety. Clicking on the book titles will bring you to the Amazon page where you can read reviews of any one you're interested in.

I've heard The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins (atheistic) mentions Pantheism and describes it as "sexed-up atheism." Here is the World Pantheist Movement's discussion of that quote:

Good luck.
    Last edited by Adosia; 23 May 2012, 12:24.

Comment

Thanks Adosia, some interesting stuff there particularly about Pantheism being "Sexed-up Antheism".

Nice to see another Pantheist by the way.
      "Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..."

Comment

I agree

You might also be interested in reading about the Gaia Theory since you've listed yourself as Naturalistic. From my (admittedly little) understanding of the theory, it proposes that the Earth is a living being that regulates its own living conditions the way a human body regulates living conditions like heart rate, sweat, etc. The supporters of the theory are very pro-green movement, and apparently there are a good amount of science experiments supporting the theory. I still don't know much about it, but you may find it interesting.

Comment

I second God Delusion, it's like the Pantheist bible.
          Please disregard typos in above post. I browse the web on a Nook and i suck at typing on touch screens.

Comment

Working...
          X