3 questions about "God"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 questions about "God"

If you could ask "God" one question, what would you ask?

If you could be "God" for a day, what would you do?

If you could keep one of "God's" powers, what power would you choose?

I say "God" because I don't know what else to call it/him/her.

(btw Hope this thread idea hasn't already been posted...)
    sigpic

Re: 3 questions about "God"

Exactly how pissed off at your followers are you?

Visit my mother and father.

But let's be real here. I'd make Wolverine real! And in the form of Hugh Jackman.

I'd love the power to point at people and say 'You! Goat!' and they would turn into a goat.
    I guess the power to point and do magic!
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Suddenly realized I did not answer my own questions *gasp*

Who decided you are God?

Mystically magically develop a way to protect all children (until they are 17) from being harmed by another human.

Control the weather. >=]
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LiadanWillows View Post
        Seriously, what's up with bark scorpion venom? Did you intend to create something bigger, maybe? Because there is no earthly reason why something that small should pack such a deadly punch.

Some selective terraforming. Get rid of all those pesky fossil fuels, lay some fertile soil down in some deserts, reshape some weather patterns - I think having a greater potential for growing/producing food and removing oil might make the global village a bit more neighborly. And I'd let everyone know I did it to prevent people from needlessly tearing stuff up looking for new reservoirs of fossil fuels. Not to mention that plants help clean up the environment one respiration cycle at a time.

I like playing with water. The idea of parting seas, causing seas to rise up against those I oppose, calming seas for poor sailors... yeah.

Mystically magically develop a way to protect all children (until they are 17) from being harmed by another human.
        I think that would create a bunch of insufferable little asshats. I mean, c'mon... they do something bad & then taunt their parents, "Whaddaya gonna do? Spank me? Mwuhahahahah, I'm off to burn something else down..."
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Probably something dealing with the afterlife. Not sure of the wording yet.

Redefine day into an arbitrarily long period of time so that I don't have to rush through the rest of my list.

Arrange for several key people to discover gold.
          Arrange for several nations to suddenly lose their nuclear arsenals and the ability to recreate them in a timely fashion.
          Structure the afterlife into something I find entertaining.
          Set in motion events to make humanity a starfaring species within my lifetime.
          Guarantee humanity isn't going to run into something in the stars beyond it's ability to survive for some time.
          End one or two diseases that offend me.
          Make myriad preparations for the end of my arbitrarily long day.
          Chat with some people that are deceased.
          Find an excuse to deliver a fire and brimstone speech somewhere.
          Test out the ability to be in multiple places, in multiple forms at once.
          Resist using the above power to commit rule 34 violations.
          Play headgames with scientists by making objects do things they aren't normally supposed to.
          Troll some not so holy men.
          Make my favorite sodas healthy to drink.
          Set myself up with a fully functioning war tardis for whenever I allow my arbitrarily long day to end.
          Hmm, I'm going to halt here. I may come back to this question later.
          Reality Warping.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Who are you?

Honestly...purge the earth of foul humans who kill, war monger, rape, abuse, and otherwise demonstrate that they don't deserve to live. End some of the suffering of those who wish for death. Make more room and thusly create less strain on the earth and it's resources.

Power of influence.
            No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
              I think that would create a bunch of insufferable little asshats. I mean, c'mon... they do something bad & then taunt their parents, "Whaddaya gonna do? Spank me? Mwuhahahahah, I'm off to burn something else down..."
              I didn't mean for children to not receive consequences for their actions. The intent in that situation is not to "harm" the child per say. It is more for "lesson" purposes... I was thinking more along the lines of protecting kids from abuse, rape, and other horrific things.
              sigpic

Comment

What the hell are you? and none of that I am the universe, I am the one, I am you, I am god, ect. crap
                End it
                Smiting. Like sulfur and fire falling from the sky and leveling cities kind of smiting
                Circe

Comment

I think this proves none of us are capable of being God.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                    Trolling humanity isn't an acceptable use of divine power???

Damn. I hadn't even gotten to writing messages in the clouds or applying the Pinnochio effect to a number of politicians and world leaders. I've got plans for my 'day' of omnipotence.

When I'm done the universe will agree on two things:

There is a god.
                    He should never, ever be allowed near the happy pills again.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

What's with all the inescapable suffering so many creatures go through?

1. Make a "day" suddenly last like a century. Because screw you physics, I need some more time to enjoy this one and I'll put it back to being 24-hours after I'm done.

2. Eliminate predation and competition - allowing all species to evolve and thrive indefinitely (all but immortal) without it being at the expense of another. Lions don't have to eat zebras, humans don't have to get rich at the expense of other humans, and so on and so forth.

3. Amp up karma to where cruel/downright evil behaviors become a serious detriment to one's health and, should someone decide to become, say, an evil dictator - they die a slow and horrible death. Those who harm the innocent find themselves the only ones harmed while the innocent go "LOL" at them.

4. Eat popcorn (so to speak) and laugh my butt off because I didn't disclose my new Karma rule and they have to learn it the hard way. Hilariously.

5. Dive to the bottom of the sea and check out what all is down there. Pet a giant squid. Giggle at the underwater earth-farts.

6. Make all species able to understand each other. No need to avoid predation or cruelty so hey, open up the flood gates of communication - why not?

7. Enable the free expansion of life (again, not just humans - who knows, without competition, some other species might decide it likes space ships too) into space.

8. Chill in a nebula somewhere. Frown because it's totally not like the pictures. Decide the moon is more fun. Moonwalk!

9. Make eating (consumption) optional but not necessary. Provide a whole host of new foods that are as vastly varied as ever, but without that whole 'hang on let me go kill something real quick' or 'here, have some dead meat with a side of dead plant' part. Make these foods 100% healthy to consume, and 100% available all over the place. No one misses out on bacon or pizza or burgers thanks to these new foods - they taste even better now and nothing dies! Win win.

10. Eliminate pooping. Because seriously, why? You eat something, it gets absorbed and doesn't really affect you - unless you eat a pebble or something stupid, that's on you.

11. Erase nukes. They didn't happen. No one remembers them. They don't exist.

12. Spend the rest of the time watching the world of people go crazy because they don't know how to deal with not being able to hurt each other or their dogs or whatever. Laugh when whole government systems collapse and fist-pump when new systems have to come into place. Harmonious ones. Because no one benefits from cruelty anymore.

13. Eliminate extreme temperatures. Everyone gets to be comfortable, and everyone gets to thrive in environmental comfort.

14. Replace all oil with clean energy. So the "Go Green" crazies can finally shut up and we can all enjoy speedy turbo solar flying cars or whatever.

15. Set my affairs in order for when my "day" ends and I'm back to normal in this new world, and prepare to reinstate 24-hour days. Tweak accordingly.

Shapeshifting/polymorph. The ability to take any shape myself and make anything into anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                        Damn. I was hoping our questioning of higher powers would have a Bruce Almighty effect, and I might actually get to be God for a bit... AND I WOULD GET TO MEET MORGAN FREEMAN!
                        sigpic

Comment

I can't see a higher power granting me unrestricted abilities to troll sapient life. Not sure why.

Comment

MaskedOne, you remind me so very, very much of a dear friend of mine, it makes me cry happy tears to "see him live again".
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                              I can't see a higher power granting me unrestricted abilities to troll sapient life. Not sure why.
                              If I was God I would
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X