3 questions about "God"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3 questions about "God"

What I don't get is all you folks needing to extend the length of a day to get stuff done.

You're God, you can do anything - why are you measuring 'day' by the length of an earth-day? You can live in all times at once, do things instantaneously.

C'mon, peeps, get with the omnipotence here!
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
      What I don't get is all you folks needing to extend the length of a day to get stuff done.

You're God, you can do anything - why are you measuring 'day' by the length of an earth-day? You can live in all times at once, do things instantaneously.

C'mon, peeps, get with the omnipotence here!
      Mix of entertainment value and Spacebattles tradition. I'll eventually get bored of omnipotence. It just might take a while.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by LiadanWillows View Post
        If you could ask "God" one question, what would you ask?

If you could be "God" for a day, what would you do?

If you could keep one of "God's" powers, what power would you choose?
        1. Assuming "God" is required to answer truthfully, "Are you a hypocrite?"
        2. Watch. With the power of being All Knowing, I'd watch and learn.
        3. Assuming I learned enough, I'd hope I'd be able to keep more than one power... but if only one, the All-Knowingness so that maybe I'd be able to learn more powers down the road.
        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

The only person I know here who actually believes in 'God' hasn't replied. I'm dying to know what he would answer.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            The only person I know here who actually believes in 'God' hasn't replied. I'm dying to know what he would answer.
            I am curious. Who?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LiadanWillows View Post
              I am curious. Who?
              Dumuzi. He's Muslim.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                I believe in God/YHVH/Allah, but He's (They?) a God to me, not the God. :P

Comment

Will you forgive me?

MURDER ALL THE FLIES!

(or make all the girls attracted to me when I turn human again)

I want to be all knowing. As in knowing everything about everything out there. Everyone would think I'm so smart, and I wouldn't have to study ever again. Oh, and know all the languages.

That or the power to bring things into existence just by ordering it.
                  [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                    MURDER ALL THE FLIES!
                    OMG - now I wish I'd added that one in my list. Though if I did it I'd wipe out a whole lot more than flies. Like...no more wasps!! :XD:

Comment

MURDER ALL THE FLIES!
                      Originally posted by RainbowDemonic View Post
                      OMG - now I wish I'd added that one in my list. Though if I did it I'd wipe out a whole lot more than flies. Like...no more wasps!! :XD:
                      And while we are killing off insects don't forget bees (sorry Corbin) and mosquitoes.
                      sigpic

Comment

Will you forgive me?

MURDER ALL THE FLIES!

(or make all the girls attracted to me when I turn human again)

I completely forgot about your hatred of flies, until just now. It made me giggle spontaneously. And Pssh - you are crazy attractive, you just live in the wrong country for people to see it!

Are you happy?

While I think Masked had the best answer so far, I've got a few ideas of my own.

- Reinstate monarchy worldwide, and put a reasonable, ruling monarch on the seat of power. I'm a royalist. Deal with it.
                        - Change a few worldviews about monogamy, polygamy, and what is 'right' and 'wrong' in terms of love. Everybody would suddenly find that loving anybody male, female, or transgender is perfectly acceptable. Loving more than one person at one time would also suddenly become perfectly acceptable. Love as thou wilt, etc.
                        - More shrines, temples, and altars. This world is sacred, and people are forgetting.
                        - Make people more tolerant in general.
                        - Stop some of the sillier wars, and start a few to keep things interesting. None of that world peace crap.
                        - KILL ALL THE YELLOW JACKETS (so they can stop killing me)
                        - Learn.
                        - Get rid of fossil fuels. Go back to horses, you jackasses. (I have a car, and I'm a hypocrite for this statement. Deal with it.)

Hands down, I'd keep the ability to communicate with anyone of any language. My voice would be omnipotent and omnipresent, and understood by all nations.

Mostly art.

Comment

- Grant an archangel extensive reality warping powers and near omnicience and then provide it the singular responsibility of following along behind other temporary gods and minimizing the collateral damage caused by some of their more extensive reality mods...

- Replace V's reasonable monarch with memetic God-Empress Celestia. (Sorry V but mortal monarchs are vulnerable. a demi-goddess pony with enough personal power to move stars around plus 1000 years of ruling is harder to kill)

-assign memetic Squirrel Girl to the God-Empress's protection detail (who better than a low end mutant that defeats Thanos off-panel)
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Did you know Squirrel Girl had a fling with Wolverine? Deep enough for him to tell her his real name. No, it's not Logan for you n00bs.

/fangirlscaryfact

Comment

No! There shall be no bee or wasp killing in my Universe!

No bees or wasps means less pollination going on up in here. No pollination means a vast decrease in plant life and fruit. Fruit is good. More fruit is better.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                                No! There shall be no bee or wasp killing in my Universe!

No bees or wasps means less pollination going on up in here. No pollination means a vast decrease in plant life and fruit. Fruit is good. More fruit is better.
                                This is why I tossed in an archangel to follow after us all and clean up the mess that occurs whenever we fiddle too much with reality.

Comment

Working...
                                X